This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth C. Cecil Ivanish View Post
    I'm sure it won't grow here. Nothing does. Except for Irn-Bru plants.
    I wonder if they'd grow here? And I'm wondering if there's something wrong with me because I actually like Irn Bru.

I thought that ham came from hamsters.
    Those have got to be some damn big hamsters! That could make a really good bad horror movie, too.
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
      While there is non-pork bacon, no restaurant I have ever visited uses such. So..I am at a loss here. Think she needs to go to a kosher restaurant or deli..or something. Cause..comments like that causes intelligent people to do the BSoD.
      I recently read a blog post from a guy who made his own kosher bacon. Posted the recipe, too. I actually live not far from the kosher meatpacker where he bought his beef plate, maybe one of these days I'll try it myself. Looks wonderful.

(I shall do this after I have my cholesterol tested. Not before.)

Comment

Depends on the genetics of the Bacon Bush.

If it was like the food-synthesis factories of a classic science fiction story (built to avoid the killing of any plant or animal) whose products are indistinguishable from the real thing...

[A new 'meat' has overtaken the market, relegating all other products to tiny niche markets. The competitors are frantically trying to figure out what it is, so they can market a similar product...

"Ladies and gentlemen, just as our products are indistinguishable from real meat, we are now indistinguishable from cannibals."
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
          [A new 'meat' has overtaken the market, relegating all other products to tiny niche markets. The competitors are frantically trying to figure out what it is, so they can market a similar product...

"Ladies and gentlemen, just as our products are indistinguishable from real meat, we are now indistinguishable from cannibals."
          Arthur C Clarke "The food of the gods" .

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
            I wonder if they'd grow here?
            In New Mexico? Seeing how similar the climate there is with Scotland (i.e., not at all), it is unlikely
            Quoth Pagan View Post
            And I'm wondering if there's something wrong with me because I actually like Irn Bru.
            It's OK. I guess.
            Did you try it anywhere outside of Scotland?
            Quoth Pagan View Post
            Those have got to be some damn big hamsters! That could make a really good bad horror movie, too.
            Nice idea... a ham hamster farm going wild...
            FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

Along the same lines:

Last name Kim - "is that Korean or Asian?" when it was explained to him that Korea is a Country on the Continent of Asia his eyes glazed over. (apparently Koreans aren't Asian... who knew)

an ad Seen on FB "Learn to speak Australian!" (funny, I thought they spoke English, and used cultural slang)
              I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Quoth Treasure View Post
                an ad Seen on FB "Learn to speak Australian!" (funny, I thought they spoke English, and used cultural slang)
                Much more than just using cultural slang, Australian English is a full-blown dialect of modern English, with its own influences, lexicon changes, borrowings, syntax variants, pragmatic markers, and so on. Mutually intelligible with other dialects of English, but still much more than some simple word swap-outs.

Yay linguistics!
                "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                  Well, there were the Giant Space Hamsters (halfway down), bred by Gnomes to act as both a power supply and food source for their spaceships. I think their meat was called Spaham, though.
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                    Well, there were the Giant Space Hamsters
                    Is it bad that I knew that was from Spelljammer without clicking the link?

I think I need a life.
                    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

In New Mexico? Seeing how similar the climate there is with Scotland (i.e., not at all), it is unlikely
                      I don't know about that. I saw an awful lot of yucca*, pampas grass, and some weird-ass cactus growing over there.

*That was almost the first plant that I saw at Painshill Park in England 4 years ago. I though maybe I was hallucinating because I was very jet-lagged, but then my parents were seeing the same thing....

It's OK. I guess.
                      Did you try it anywhere outside of Scotland?Nice idea... a ham hamster farm going wild...
                      Haven't been able to get anywhere but there until recently. And I'm still not sure if I want to pay the shipping charges on the one website I could order it from.
                      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Buy some for yourself for Christmas.
                        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Syriilord View Post
                          Doesn't the Bible have some story about a dude who talked to a burning bacon bush?
                          I think so . . .Moses liked his bacon well done.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                            I don't know about that. I saw an awful lot of yucca*, pampas grass, and some weird-ass cactus growing over there.
                            *That was almost the first plant that I saw at Painshill Park in England 4 years ago. I though maybe I was hallucinating because I was very jet-lagged, but then my parents were seeing the same thing...
                            That is exactly what I'd expect from Painshill Park, from what I read about it!
                            Quoth Pagan View Post
                            Haven't been able to get anywhere but there until recently. And I'm still not sure if I want to pay the shipping charges on the one website I could order it from.
                            The lengths people would go to in order to get their Irn-Bru fix...
                            Quoth Tama View Post
                            Buy some for yourself for Christmas.
                            ...admittedly they have awesome Christmas advertisements. Actually they have awesome adverts, in general.
                            (not trying to spam, it is just for the artistic value of the clips. No, honestly, I do not work for them)
                            FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

I want Chicken Fried Bacon now... and since I have been ill for several days that's definitely an improvement.
                              I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Working...
                              X