Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Douchiness combined with one of my pet peeves (LANGUAGE)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only shower that confused me was the one in my first apartment. You had to pull down on the end of the tub faucet (there was like a seperate ring but it didn't really look like a seperate piece). The really confusing thing was that there was a lever on the wall but that was to plug the drain.

Comment

Quoth Solumina View Post
      The only shower that confused me was the one in my first apartment. You had to pull down on the end of the tub faucet (there was like a seperate ring but it didn't really look like a seperate piece). The really confusing thing was that there was a lever on the wall but that was to plug the drain.
      My last apartment had a shower switch like that. Also, the temperature adjuster was a bit odd, too. There was a kind of lever that rotated around that adjusted the water pressure, and then there was another rotating thing in the center of that which actually adjusted the temperature. Since my husband had lived in that apartment first and I moved in with him, he was able to show me how it worked. I bet it would've taken a little bit for me to figure it out on my own
      "So, let's build a snowman! We can make him our best friend. We can name him Bob or we can name him Beowulf! We can make him tall, or we can make him not so tall!"

Comment

The first time I went to a hotel with a shower-only, I was confused by just the one big lever that you turn (and it doesn't pull or tilt.) I was used to always being able to vary the water pressure, not being limited to temperature. (This was a long time ago... I think I've now stayed in enough hotels to have an honorary degree in shower-control-ology.

SirWired

Comment

How does the three sea shells work???
          Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            If you want hot, you push the indicator portion to the left.
            Usually yes, unless you're in Phoenix during the summertime. Then you've got two water temperatures: hot on the left and scalding on the right!
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
              <insert long string of expletives here, grabs tickets>

So much for the seashells. See you in a few minutes.
              "So, let's build a snowman! We can make him our best friend. We can name him Bob or we can name him Beowulf! We can make him tall, or we can make him not so tall!"

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
                They're down by the she's sore.

(and a scalded cat)
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

And every hotel/motel has a different faucet. And how many times do we travel? And how many faucets do we need to get used to?

I remember I was in a rest stop place, using the bathroom. I could not for the life of me figure out how to flush the toilet. And I would like to think I'm a reasonably intelligent woman. It was not a handle, not a pushbutton. Not one that flushed automatically when you stood up.

Turns out you just waved your hand over some kind of sensor panel on the wall.

Comment

I've been to people houses where *every* faucet is "cold on the left, hot on the right", so I can only assume that it was intentional. I've never been anywhere where you had a pressure-adjustment knob, however...which is just as well, I'd have set it on the "sandblast" setting anyway >_>
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                    X