This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid college student

I know, this guy is not the example for the macrocosm of college students, but he was able to piss me off with just two words...
    "Hey, Bro!..."
    *stab, stab, stab*
    H: "Hey, Bro! I didn't want this thing..."
    J: *walk over, hit the few buttons to void item, take item, walk away*
    Brief freedom, then,
    H: "Hey, Bro! These're supposed to be buy one, get one..."
    J: "Yes, and that comes up when you hit 'Pay Now'..." (Fuck you, system, that's the second most common complaint behind, "I already slid my card...")
    H: "Hey, Bro! These're supposed to be..."
    J: *yes, I cut him off before he could repeat his question* "Hit 'Pay Now', and all shall be revealed to you."
    H: "Oh."
    Blessed silence.
    H: "Hey, Bro! I need cigs..."
    J: *blink, blink* "... Please?"
    H: "<cigs>..."
    J: *well, at least I get to walk away from him for a bit*

H: "Hey, Bro!"
    J: *snap, eye twitch* "FUCK YOU! We're NOT related, stop calling me 'BRO'!"
    "I call murder on that!"

I don't get what it is with younger males who call each other "Bro" "Homie", "Homez" or, one of my bf's stupid friends, the more fancy version of the n-word.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
      I know, this guy is not the example for the macaroon of college students..."
      This is what I saw the first time.
      I blinked, went kinda, "Wait, what? He's not an example of a snack?"

It confused me somewhat.
      *~*THIS SIG HAS BEEN PASSED DOWN THE ARMSTRONG LINE FOR GENERATIONS!*~*

It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.-Elijah Snow

Comment

I suspect its worse if you're a girl and they call you "bro" !!
        A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
        - Dave Barry

Comment

Quoth Duelist925 View Post
          This is what I saw the first time.
          I blinked, went kinda, "Wait, what? He's not an example of a snack?"

It confused me somewhat.
          yep someone snacked on his brains.

Comment

yep someone snacked on his brains
            and they're starving still.
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

yep. never claimed they got much of a snack...

Comment

The only people I call "bro" are those who I consider like brothers to me.

Then again, I'd rather heard "bro" added onto every sentence than "like" added into the middle of each, sometimes more than once... *shudder*

Comment

- "Hey Bro..."

- "Hey Sis, stop being such a bitch!"

Comment

Here's it's "Brah" or "Cap[tain]"

Same stupidity, Different state.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I counter with "Mate" here
                      FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

I fully admit that i say Dude all the time. But it's a vocal tic i can thank my best friend for. She says it constantly so now I do too. But I never talk to people who aren't in my friend circles in that manner.
                        Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                        Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

At least the guy didn't say the slang term of Bro (which, in itself is slang): broski. I shudder every time I hear that word, since it is so annoying. "Hey broski!"

There is this one employee at Lenscrafters that always calls me "Boss" when he is helping me. That is very annoying, also, but at least I only have to endure that when I get new glasses lenses or need an adjustment, and that is every so often.

"In cases of customer bathroom emergencies, the toilet itself becomes less of a goal and more of a loose suggestion." - Shamus

Comment

Quoth I_Hate_SCs View Post
                            There is this one employee at Lenscrafters that always calls me "Boss" when he is helping me.
                            Well...at least that could be seen as an informal substitute for Sir/Ma'am, I guess ^_^
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth I_Hate_SCs View Post
                              At least the guy didn't say the slang term of Bro (which, in itself is slang): broski. I shudder every time I hear that word, since it is so annoying. "Hey broski!"
                              What about "Broham?"
                              Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                              Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X