This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
    So...there are hardened criminals who the mere thought of a (mostly) harmless little 8-legged critter...scares him into nearly wetting his pants in abject terror?
    Phobias are irrational fears, and they can and do affect all kinds of people, small and large, rich and poor, legit and criminal. The fact that they are "hardened" criminals does not change the reality of their phobia. Hell, there are people much larger than me who are scared shitless of me, and yet, I still am terrified to death of bees and their ilk. Which would probably amuse those people who are scared shitless of me.

Quoth Panacea View Post
    Of course either pens or pencils can be made into weapons. But then again, so can a newspaper.
    So can toothbrushes. And as has been demonstrated, just about anything.

Quoth Northstar View Post
    Are inmates customers? Seems like a customer relationship is voluntary. An inmate does not volunteer to be put into prison.
    I disagree. They do things they know are against the law, and know that a potential penalty for breaking the law is jail/prison. That means when they voluntarily break the law, they are volunteering to go to jail and/or prison.

It's similar to the fact that most of the people I've worked with who were fired in effect "fired themselves" by not showing up, being constantly late, doing stupid shit, etc.

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
    I have Bailey's, Caramilk liqueur, kaluha, and some really, REALLY good coffee (Celebes Kalossi, Indonesia grows the best coffee!). Oh, and a little bottle of rum and I can always steal a shot of MIL's Crown Royal if your tastebuds are dead enough to actually appreciate whiskey.
    Spiced rum is awesome in eggnog. I recommend Kilo Kai, but any spiced rum will work, such as Captain Morgan's, Sailor Jerry's, Kraken, Blackbeard, Blackheart, or Seven Tiki.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
    X