Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Makes me wonder how long it'd take them to get out in case of fire.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
      Makes me wonder how long it'd take them to get out in case of fire.
      Well, maybe the fire would be up front and melt the snow...like around the front door...

...Oh wait
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth venroses View Post
        See, this is something I never really understood. As a kid I always thought it was common & safe practice to always leave your porch light on. As I grew up, I noticed this wasn't true...if someone knocked on your door at night, how are you going to see who they are? Are you going to turn on the porch light while they're standing there? What if they're someone you don't want to talk too? Or they're just checking houses out?

I know that this doesn't count for people who have motion detector ones, but most people don't have those!

I don't know, I guess I also grew up super paranoid.... (thanks dad!)
        This reminded me of my own father, in the sense that his views were, inexplicably, the exact opposite.

He believed that leaving the outside lights on would signal to potential burglars that we were not home, and therefore make us more of a target. So, not only would he not turn the lights on for people making deliveries; he'd also not turn the lights on if myself and/or my mother happened to go out.

I never, for the life of me, understood where he had gotten such a backwards idea.

Comment

Working...
        X