X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Gaki View Post
    Shut. Up.

Okay, I look young. I know I do. I'm twenty years old and people still get smart about how I look but this guy just got on my nerves really bad because he didn't sound like he was joking at all.

I sympathize, but I used to get the opposite a lot. I was 17 when I started my very first job at a video game store, and one night at closing one of the older guys was trying to guess the ages of all the new employees. When he got to me, he thought I was 27. At least. And was FLOORED when he found out he was off by a good 10 years.

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
      I don't believe you're twenty.
      Me: Would you like to see my driver's license?
      SC: ....no....

Funny how they always seem to shut up when I offer that.
      I was thinking about this, and maybe it's not a good idea to show just anyone your license for any reason. I would think it's possible that they would irritate you into trying to prove yourself, then they'd have your address and whatever other information they could glean from your license.

OK, safety mom mode off. I also have people under-guess my age, by anywhere from 5 to 15 years. It's nice to be pushing 40 and people think I'm 25.

Comment

Many people think that when hubby and I go to town, he's my older brother (when he shaves his face he looks ~17-18) They honestly think I'm at most 13 years old. Then they'll see us holding hands or something and go off on how gross that is and stuff for people so young to do that...it's sad but funny.
        Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
        http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Quoth Skeen View Post
          I sympathize, but I used to get the opposite a lot.
          Same here. When I was a yung'un in high school, people thought I was older than I really was (which, as it turned out, saved me from "Freshman/Freshmeat hazing" (not the most disciplined school in existence))....Once I was in my upper 20's, people thought I was younger than I really was (woo-HOO! ). Now I'm in my 30's, and their guesses about my age are creeping upward, and getting much closer to reality. Dammit.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

When I was 28/29 I had several people ask me which high school I attended (not taught at, was student at).
            Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post

Methinks she made the manager go outside so E couldn't defend himself against her stupid allegations.
              Me thinks you hit the nail right on the head.

Comment

Working...
              X