This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, Ma'am, You Need Hearing Aids!

We have a great special this month at the C-store. Any large pizza, up to two toppings, for ten dollars. Apparently, one woman thought we had an even better special--two large pizzas for $10. I knew there'd be trouble when her son came in to get their four pizzas, and was confused as to why it cost over $40. His mother had told him it'd be $20, he said. I gave him a receipt to show his mom, knowing full well she'd demand to know why we'd "overcharged" them, and lo and behold...I was right. She called the kitchen, ranting and raving about how "I was told by the person who took the fucking order that those damn pizzas were two for $10! WTFARGLEBLARGLE!"
    The problem (which of course, she wouldn't admit to) is this: She misunderstood what coworker E told her when she placed the order. How do I know? Well, when coworker E took her info down to have our manager contact her, and told her the manager would be in Monday, bitch went off again. "SOMEDAY? That's a fucking rude answer!!" E had to repeat MONDAY twice before the bitch finally got it! At that point, I'm not sure how she restrained herself from saying "I'm sorry, ma'am, but you need hearing aids, Have a WONDERFUL evening now!" Honestly...It gave me a headache just hearing about it! The good news is that M knows that no one that was working tonight (Me, E, or L) would've told the bitch the wrong information. We'll see what happens!
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

The only way to get 40 dollars worth of pizza for approximately ten is to go to a pizza buffet.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
      At that point, I'm not sure how she restrained herself from saying "I'm sorry, ma'am, but you need hearing aids, Have a WONDERFUL evening now!"

SC: "Did you just call me a COW?!?"

Mike
      Meow.........

Comment

Sounds like a classic case of customer hearing what she wants to hear.

Comment

Do you give the customer their total before hanging up the phone? If so, then the customer has NO leg to stand on.
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Well see we can't do that...we can but we can't. The pizza person would have to come up front and have me total it up then go back and tell them. Also, the person was thinking they were getting 4 pizzas for $20. No. Our specials aren't THAT good! JustaCashier, you're probably not far off lol!!!
            "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Only place I know of where you can get 4 pizzas for $20 is Little Caesar's.

Its not exactly gourmet pizza, but its fast and its dirt cheap. Sure, its not the best pizza in the world but you can't argue with the price.

Comment

Quoth Hyndis View Post
                Only place I know of where you can get 4 pizzas for $20 is Little Caesar's.

Its not exactly gourmet pizza, but its fast and its dirt cheap. Sure, its not the best pizza in the world but you can't argue with the price.
                We've done that on nights where we didn't feel up to cooking and wanted something fast, hot and cheap.

Their 3-Meat Treat is also quite good as well. And it's only $8.00. But then I'd rather just make a meal off the Crazy Bread.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                X