This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything went wrong!

I had a horrible string of incidents tonight.
    First, a mom and her son were using one of the Uscans, and son kept taking bags off the scale, slowing down Mom while I tried my best to keep the errors cleared, just in time for him to put the bags back, so Mom could yell at him for that, just back and forth. Even better? She gets angry when she realizes the line that had formed on the only open register when she came to Uscan had already cleared out. Oh, yes, I made you come over here with your overflowing basket of stuff...
    I've forgotten the second one, but the third one, a guy came in about ten, walks up to guest services, stands there a moment, then yells in my direction: "Is anyone going to help me?"
    "Probably not, but I can try, what did you need?"
    "Lotto."
    "Can't do Lotto this late."
    "Why not?"
    "It's too late for Lotto."
    "No, it's not." I see you went to the Five year old school of arguing.
    "I can't get back there to do anything..."
    "That's all you had to say the first time."
    That's what I SAID the first time! The reason is unimportant. I can't do Lotto because I CAN'T FUCKING DO LOTTO! The means are the ends...
    Even later, some guy just walks up to me and says, "What would you suggest for a urinary tract infection?"
    "I... what?"
    "A urinary tract infection."
    "Oh, no, I heard you... but, do you mean for a human, or a pet...?"
    "A human..."
    I looked around a bit, then shrugged. "Yeah, see, I'm a Uscan attendant, not a doctor, though, with how many people assume I'm a manager, I can see how you'd be confused.
    "I call murder on that!"

Cranberry juice One of the reasons I dislike the USCAN's in my area is the bagging system. They never have enough room to put what I scan..but heaven help you if you take a bag off. Still, having a tug of war with the bags is always a bad idea.
    Last edited by Mytical; 01-05-2011, 08:10 AM.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Seeing a news report about how one of the lotto games down here was up to a $300 million jackpot, I could imagine why he was so desperate to get a ticket. (Might not be your neck of the woods, I don't think...) But that whole UTI question just threw me off. I just had 'cranberry juice' pop into my head the second I read that.
      My other car is a Mackinaw.

Comment

I also thought of cranberry juice.

Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Cranberry juice is great to take to help clear one up.

Azo is an over the counter bladder anesthetic (prescription name pyridium), but it will turn your urine bright orange.

However, if you think you have a UTI you should see a doctor to test your urine for bacteria. You may need antibiotics. If you are having symptoms without an infection, you may have another problem.
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Cranberry juice and a visit to your doctor

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
              Azo is an over the counter bladder anesthetic (prescription name pyridium), but it will turn your urine bright orange.

I have to get a UTI so I can try this.
              "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

I fifth (sixth?) that. Cranberry juice and a visit to the doctor.
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Mixing a 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda into a glass of water and drinking it will help with a UTI also. It changes your Ph balance and makes it hard for the bacteria to stick the sides of the bladder and urethra. That and cranberry juice do wonders. I haven't had to go to a doctor for a UTI since I started doing that when I start to get one.
                  Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

WTH...?? He asks a Uscan attendant in a store what to do for a medical problem?

I know the cranberry juice thing but I wouldn't advise even telling him that much. If it doesn't work he might come back and blame you.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Actually cranberry juice was proven to have no real effect on UTIs i was informed by two doctors last year.

Pisses me off cause i HATE it and always drank it when i was young (got a lot of infections, ear, UTI .etc)

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                        WTH...?? He asks a Uscan attendant in a store what to do for a medical problem?
                        Well, yeah. Not only are we retail grunts sanitation engineers, pro-bono babysitters and personal shoppers, but we're also medical professionals.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Pimento View Post
                          Actually cranberry juice cocktailwas proven to have no real effect on UTIs i was informed by two doctors last year.
                          Edited for accuracy.

They didn't test actual cranberry juice, only a 27% low calorie cranberry juice cocktail, which my mother (prone to UTIs) has always said was ineffective. Plus, there is some question about the possibility that the placebo used wasn't neutral enough, although that would speak more of the effectiveness of just vitamin C.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I once had a lady ask me if a certain med was ok for her 6mnth old to take. I wasnt a mother at the time so i had no idea. I just told her to ask her doc. Boy o boy did she off about how i know nothing and that im just a drain on society b/c i work at retailer.

The funnything is she had to pay w/ her foodstamp card. Than she got all mad b/c she couldnt use the food part of the card.....AHHHHHHHH

Comment

The problem with the cocktails rather than pure juice is that they have too much sugar and not enough acid. The acid that makes cranberry juice sour is what does the work in this case, I think.

Be careful with drinking stuff like baking soda or other calcium supplements, because that's what can lead to kidney stones, isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                              X