Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soooo...You're expected to be a counselor now? Or maybe you were supposed to throw in some sort of free package deal...
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

She wanted him to start with the heavy duty sympathy. And you know what would happen then? She would give him a play-by-play, detail-heavy description of exactly why her finances are low, and he'd never get her off the phone. I speak from experience.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

She wanted him to offer a super huge discount so she could still afford to come down there. She wasn't happy with just getting her money back. I'm willing to bet that that's it. He didn't whittle the prices down for her, just gave her a refund.

Poor Dave.

Comment

Quoth Nashida View Post
          She wanted him to offer a super huge discount so she could still afford to come down there. She wasn't happy with just getting her money back. I'm willing to bet that that's it. He didn't whittle the prices down for her, just gave her a refund.

Poor Dave.

I never thought of that but I think youre right. It would make sense that she didnt want a refund, she wanted me to give her a huge discount.

Comment

Ahh.. so she wanted her refund and free psychotherapy? Or maybe she was expecting something ludicrous like "No worries, just come and stay, it's on the house."
            I will never go to school!

Comment

yeah i have to agree. it sounds like one of those people who threatens to cancel and account in hopes to get you to "buy" their loyalty back.... only to find out that you didn't take the bluff ...

Comment

I hate (with a passion) people like that stuck up sympathy-seeking bitch - I literally would have laughed at her.

I have no time for sympathy-seekers

Comment

Let me join those of you who are saying that if that's "the worst thing that's ever happened" to her, then she needs a reality check. Losing a loved one? Awful. Losing one's house and/or belongings? Awful. Being terminally ill? Beyond awful. Not being able to book a vacation villa? Not even remotely awful at all. Get over yourself, woman!!
                  "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth Damien View Post
                    I have no time for sympathy-seekers
                    I know exactly what you mean.

It's so annoying dealing with sympathy-seekers.

Makes me want to break out my favourite picture for the forums I belong to.
                    Attached Files
                    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
                      I never thought of that but I think youre right. It would make sense that she didnt want a refund, she wanted me to give her a huge discount.
                      I would bet anything that was it. My mother has a place in the Outer Banks that she rents and this sort of thing would happen all of the time, people would just be a little better about it because she was the actual owner, not a "little peon" so they would just "*whine* oh but the family was so looking forward to going down there *sigh* the kids are going to be so sad *wimper* I just wish we could find some way to afford to go". You could practically hear their little puppy dog faces, yet none of them were ever satisfied when she told them of other places that were cheaper.

Comment

I'd happily trade my life for hers if not being able to go on an expensive vacation was the worst thing that ever happened.

Though I do have a question: What IS a 'vacation'? I don't remember anymore. They sound pretty good, I must say, if not having one makes people this upset.
                        What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
                          I'd happily trade my life for hers if not being able to go on an expensive vacation was the worst thing that ever happened.

Though I do have a question: What IS a 'vacation'? I don't remember anymore. They sound pretty good, I must say, if not having one makes people this upset.
                          I wish I knew. I can't remember the last time I went on one, either.
                          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I love these stories.... Honestly.

They just show the lows that customers will go to over a luxury.
                            Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Boo freakin' hoo lady.
                              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                              X