This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racism Fail!

OK tonight I didn't get this call, but I got to hear it. Customer calls in and wants to see about renewing her discounts. Well so we wouldn't loose money this year, we changed our discount structure and the amount she was discounted last year isn't available this year. She still gets a discount just not as huge.
    She gets quite irritible with the rep and proceeds to call him a racist asshole. His reply was priceless, Ma'am, I am as black as midnight and if the lights go out you can't see me! She sputtered, tried to say something back and just slammed the phone down! A fun night on the job.
    I love my customers to death, the problem is they aren't dying quick enough.

I really, really hate the race card. But beside that I hate the fact that it sometimes works. (i.e. Calling Corporate customer service)

Comment

[OP] CS PWND raised to clue...

Maybe Corp should ask for verification that the cs is in fact [ethnicity], like photo...
      Last edited by Daemonmonkey; 01-24-2011, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Every time a false claim of racism is made, it drains credibility from the real claims. Why can't people understand language? Words do have meanings. They can't just be wantonly tossed about like a juggler's batons.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Rememer kids, never tap a swamp unless you're sure your opponent has plains in play? >.>

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
            Words do have meanings. They can't just be wantonly tossed about like a juggler's batons.
            Tell THAT to the people who keep calling Gravekeeper
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
              Rememer kids, never tap a swamp unless you're sure your opponent has plains in play? >.>
              And, this is why you're my hero.
              Marvin: "Here I am, brain the size of a planet and they ask me to take you down to the bridge. Call that job satisfaction? 'Cos I don't."

Krispy Kreme puts the "ugh" back in "doughnuts".

Comment

Gravekeeper, I refuse to play swamps. I prefer an alliance of forest & island.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                  Gravekeeper, I refuse to play swamps. I prefer an alliance of forest & island.
                  I fear I play it the same way I go through real life: Embarrassingly white with an inexplicable attraction to different coloured decks.

Comment

I do, too. Too defensive, nowhere near aggressive and assertive enough. Much in favor of nautral healing. The closest thing I come to showing my anger is countering someone's actions, or better yet, reflecting their nastiness back upon them.

Comment

I fear I play it the same way I go through real life: Embarrassingly white with an inexplicable attraction to different coloured decks.
                      Okay, I was already giggling. but you just couldn't leave it alone until the actual spit take occurred.

Could you.

Not like I have much to say. Taste the rainbow and all that.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                        Not like I have much to say. Taste the rainbow and all that.
                        I would tap that like Kismet?

Comment

I would tap that like Kismet?
                          GK, there's some weird old dude in the corner wearing a trenchcoat asking for ya...says he's your Uncle Istvan. He's got some Hot Tips for you...
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

As far as the OP, I have come to hate the race card as well. But maybe that is because I have never once in my entire life seen a genuine use of it. Only ever the CREW (Carded Race Entitlement Whore) usage, trying to get better or free treatment just because of their skin tone.

On the OTHER matter, black is definitely my color, paired off or not.
                            Something kind of sad about the way that things have come to be.
                            Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?

Comment

I'm afraid, sadly, I have seen the accurate use of the race card. It's still a problem, a big one.

Comment

Working...
                              X