This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hilarious

so this woman is literally pouting on my phone because she cant get the home she wants for the price she wants. It went something like this.

Guest: Dave, you're going to have to call that owner and tell I wont pay that price. I am just not gonna do it

Me: ok well we have other properites

Guest: I dont want other properties. I want this one

Me: well I am afraid we have offered the maximum discount allowed

Guest: you cant call and sweet talk the owner into accepting a significant discount since we want oceanfront but we are on a budget

Me: no ma'am

Guest: (you'd have to have heard this part) WELL THAT STINKS. If you dont rent it to me at the price I am offering, I am just not gonna rent it.

Me: well we can get full price but if its still not rented within two weeks of arrival, we can consider a reduced rate

Guest: well by then someone else will have rented it

Me: probably

Guest: so what good does that do me? Dave, this is your last chance. If you want me to rent this place, this is the rate I will pay. I know you can get full price but I have been a loyal customer for many years and I am very disheartened that you wont even take that into consideration. I am just shocked that you slap me in the face like this after all the years I come there and have even referred my friends to you. Well I am going to spead the word about the way your company treats loyal customers and I hope you get shut down and by the way, Dave, I do not like the sound of your voice. You just dont give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

Me: ok

Guest: yea I know you dont care but thats ok...thanks for nothing CLICK

Holy hell. What a psycho. They need to give you a raise.

Comment

I love the way that these people think that they are the ones who decide the rental rate rather than the owner.
      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

"If you don't rent it to me at the price I am offering, I am just not gonna rent it."

Yeah, well, that is the way it works...

Or, in other words, tough! Since you can get the full renal amount, why would you want to rent it to her for less than the maximum discounted rate? And she even acknowledged that!

(BTW, Dave, I find it really hard to believe that your customers are as polite as you put it. I think you are paraphrasing them. For example, instead of "THAT STINKS" I am willing to bet she used some different phrasing. One that refers to steer manure comes to mind...)
        I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

I once had a customer scream, "You keep saying I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. But you aren't really sorry at all!"

She had flunked the test to get her license, and wanted to try again. But by now we were closed, and although she REALLY wanted to try again, she couldn't understand why the State Government didn't want to pay overtime to 10 staff so she could try again.
          To seek it with thimbles, to seek it with care;
          To pursue it with forks and hope;
          To threaten its life with a railway share;
          To charm it with forks and hope!

Comment

Quoth Mondestrucken View Post
            I once had a customer scream, "You keep saying I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. But you aren't really sorry at all!"
            "I'm sorry, Ma'am, but we aren't allowed to say 'tough shit', or 'fuck off'."

Mike
            Meow.........

Comment

This post surprises me. Not a single f-bomb from the non-customer.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

It never ceases to amaze me at how many of your customers claim to be "on a budget," yet never seem to think that maybe they should forego the high-priced vacation home rental for the summer. Would certainly save them more money than the couple of hundred they'd likely save if you could even offer the discount to them at all...

Comment

She acknowledges that someone is likely going to rent the house at the regular rate, but she's still surprised that you won't agree to rent it to her for super-duper discount?

I think my brain just broke.
                  That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Sorry, Cap'n, but I gotta...

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
                    Or, in other words, tough! Since you can get the full renal amount, why would you want to rent it to her for less than the maximum discounted rate? And she even acknowledged that!
                    um...yeah...Piss on her!
                    Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

I'm curious. Did you ever look up her info to see if she really has stayed with your company as long as she claims?
                      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I don't know which made me laugh harder: That she thinks you're obligated to rent it to her for a "significant discount" (!!!) when you both know you can rent it for more to someone else....or the fact that she doesn't get "a warm fuzzy feeling" from your tone of voice.
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

GAAAAHHHH!!!! Oh ye Gods my Brain!

You know Dave, I'd pay good money to hear these conversations recorded
                          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                            You know Dave, I'd pay good money to hear these conversations recorded
                            I would imagine it would get a little boring after the first few.

Almost every single customer of Dave's seems to be reading from the same sucky customer script.

Seriously, you could put them all side by side in the same thread, and they all sound like the same person, almost word for word.
                            (Of course, with a recording, the voices would change with each call, I guess...)
                            Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post

Guest: If you dont rent it to me at the price I am offering, I am just not gonna rent it.
                              Me: "I think we can come to that arrangement, yes."

Comment

Working...
                              X