Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My version of giving a"warm fuzzy feeling" comes with a side order of DIAF.
    Do you REALLY want that, lady?

Comment

"Lady, I want a 200+m.p.h. car at sub-compact prices...it looks like we're both going to be disappointed, doesn't it?"

Comment

"Ah, yes, so you wanted to rent it för 750 a week, instead of the 1100 a week it's out on? I think we can do that.

Of course, minimum is 4 weeks.

And btw the 750 a week is in Kuwait Dinars, payable in advance..."

(1 KD = 3,50 USD)

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
          Guest: you cant call and sweet talk the owner into accepting a significant discount since we want oceanfront but we are on a budget
          Must be one hell of a budget if you can afford to rent a HOUSE ...
          If you dont rent it to me at the price I am offering, I am just not gonna rent it.
          Dave: "Yes ma'am, I believe I just said that."
          Last edited by EricKei; 01-27-2011, 11:12 PM. Reason: wrong name? what wrong name? >_>
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I can understand if she had been staying at that same property for years, sometimes owners are willing to give a pretty steep discount to people that they know will treat the house well but like hell is the owner going to give a special discount for a person just for using the same rental company.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
              Seriously, you could put them all side by side in the same thread, and they all sound like the same person, almost word for word.
              He's said, a few times now, that he paraphrases. Although not lately. Here's a comment from a couple years back:
              Quoth vacation_rentals_suck
              For the most part, I paraphrase unless they something so ridiculous, I have to quote them exactly. I think it looks better to write it out as a dilalouge then just a description though.
              ^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                Seriously, you could put them all side by side in the same thread, and they all sound like the same person, almost word for word.
                That or splice the best lines from each into one mega-script.
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
                  so this woman is literally pouting on my phone because she cant get the home she wants for the price she wants.
                  That's called life.

I really want to buy this house:

but my bank manager says i can only afford this house

(that isn't actually my house, BTW).

I'd love to buy the Queen Anne mansion and pay only the price I want to for it, but it jsut isn't happening!
                  A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                  - Dave Barry

Comment

Me: well we can get full price but if its still not rented within two weeks of arrival, we can consider a reduced rate

Guest: well by then someone else will have rented it
                    it's amazing really... while the Guests can figure out that their attempts to force a cheaper price won't work... they still keep trying.

i think they're confusing Dave with....
                    with someone who cares about their whines
                    with their therapist
                    and with their personal travel agent or assistant

i mean if they were calling their personal travel agent i could understand trying to find a cheaper package deal but... when you call the facility direct and they know the property will rent fast... it's not their job to settle for crap pay when they can rent full price.

it's his job to rent properties for company X... not to work out vacation packages for Sucky Crazy Customer.

(that isn't actually my house, BTW).
                    is it bad that i think it's pretty? though i personally want a yard too.

Comment

I believe it was the Gord who once pondered, "Why do folks threaten to never come back after I've told them never to return?" It seems a similar quandary is folks who seem to think it is a threat to say they won't buy something when they are told you won't sell it to them.

It is always amazing, as well, how many customers demand that we care about their wants and desires, but that they shouldn't have to give another thought to our needs.

Comment

Working...
                      X