This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook Leech part III: The Return

So in part 1 of my mini saga, I mentioned we have ourselves a regular leech that would come and do Farmville. In part 2 I used a new strategy on a newcomer and I was quite happy with the results.

So in comes the Leech from the original story. Oh goodie I get to test my new strategy on her. For at least 5 minutes of having unplugged guest internet (don't worry this is at 2am so most people are asleep.) I see no reaction. She comes up to the desk and let me know of the "problem."

She then spends another 5 minutes on our other computer. She comes up to the desk and tells me the "problem" is on both computers.

Me: Sure I'll look into it. May I get your name and room number please?
    FBL: It's under my sister's name. I'm waiting for her to get back. She should be here in 30 min.
    Me: What's your sister's name?
    FBL: Facebook Parasite
    Me: I'm sorry, but nothing's coming up on that name.
    FBL: It might be under her boyfriend's name.
    Me: May I get his name?
    FBL: I'm not sure.

Ok time out. For the time you spend on Facebook you should know a little bit about who your sister is dating. Especially if you're waiting for them to get back.

I go and do my paperwork knowing full well she can't do anything as long as I control the interwebs. You have no idea how delicious this power is. I might be up there with Jester, Controller of Booze. But I digress.

I see her still in the lobby 10 minutes later still trying to get the interwebs working.
    Me: I'm sorry but these computers are for guest use only.
    FBL: As I said I'm waiting for my sister and her boyfriend.
    Me: I understand. Until I know the name on the room you're in, I can't let you use our computers.
    FBL: Ok, I'll leave.

And she did. Hero: 2 Leeches: 0
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Nicely pwned!
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

I should also mention that it's been so slow that the only people who walked in the door in the past hour was a guest I that I had already check in while all this was going on.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Leeches = teh suck.

Nice going, Hero.
        "Imagine that. Human souls, trapped like flies in the World Wide Web, stuck forever, crying out for help."-The Doctor
        "Isn't that basically Twitter?"-Clara

Comment

Ah, sweet revenge. Nicely executed.

Comment

Way to go. What part of 'guests only' does FBL not understand?!
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

you know there's another option too.

perhaps setting up the computers so that you need an electronic card - like your room card - in order to log in.

guests get cards that have 24 hours of service on the cards
              and then you could sell non-guests cards at really high rates

Comment

Customer logic: "My sister is a guest here so that makes me a guest here." Um, no.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Nice pwnage! I would play you a full awesome symphony praising your victory against the Facebook Leech if I could!

Comment

Working...
                  X