Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I probably would have been like, "Oooooh...the Cherry Point Country Club? Perhaps they were just too in awe of your majesty!" Then I would have burst out laughing as they swore and cursed.

It's funny how in the 21st century some people still act like being a member of some country club (or whatever organization) is some sort of social trump card. Like anyone really cares where they are paying dues to golf or whatever.

Comment

Well, as a Brit, I'm not really the sort to have a "snooty" accent, coming from deepest Yorkshire (Think "Sean Bean").
      However, I'd go as far as saying the accent belonged to someone familiar with "The Hamptons"...old money, seat on the US Stock Exchange, utterly full of themselves etc., that sort of total windbag.

Comment

VRS how do you do this? Wow. If anything, people should be bowing down to YOU for putting up with this crap! Seriously!!

ETA: I hope that when your SC relays his story to the folks at his club, they laugh him out of the club!
        Last edited by BrenDAnn; 04-23-2011, 11:34 PM.
        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

What the club officer(s) would probably point out, is that they have a listing of clubs with whom they have a reciprocal agreement, and that in order to be allowed entry into those clubs, he has to arrange with his HOME club ahead of time to fax a letter to the other club verifying he is a member in good standing. (Yeah, i worked as a concierge and there was this one guy who took advantage of agreements between clubs regularly. He's have the dates and club names and have me call his club to have the letters sent. major jerk, but at least he always knew what he wanted and what he could get)

Comment

Quoth lineswine View Post
            (Think "Sean Bean").
            Completely unrelated, but whenever I see Sean Bean's name, I have to go through all different permutations of pronunciation due to the similar spelling but different pronunciations of the names.

In other words:

Shawn Been
            Seen Bawn
            Shawn Bawn

What? Why are you looking at me funny?

Comment

As another Brit, I'd probably go with "James William Bottomtooth III" from Family Guy
              Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Quoth Lachrymose View Post
                Completely unrelated, but whenever I see Sean Bean's name, I have to go through all different permutations of pronunciation due to the similar spelling but different pronunciations of the names.

In other words:

Shawn Been
                Seen Bawn
                Shawn Bawn

What? Why are you looking at me funny?
                Have you read the book "The Tough Coughs As He Ploughs The Dough" by Dr. Seuss? I think you'd like it.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
                  I dont come on vacation to be treated like this. How dare they refuse me entry. I have every right to use that club. Yea thanks a hell of a lot, Dave.
                  First of all, dude--fuck you.

Secondly--fuck you.

Thirdly, fuck your country club. Yes, its membership affords you all kinds of privileges, including access to places that have reciprocal agreements with it. This place has no such reciprocal agreement. Which means you do not, in fact, have every right to use it, and they have every right to refuse your pompous ass entry.

So fuck your pompous ass.

And fuck you for being such a douchebag.

And fuck your wife, too, for having such lousy fucking taste with her mating choice.

Fuck your country club buddies, too. I'm sure they're just as obnoxious a bunch of assholes as you are. And if they're not...fuck them anyway, for letting you in their precious little country club to begin with.

You say you "don't come on vacation to be treated like this." Treated like what, exactly. Denied access to a place you have no right to be in in the first place? Well, welcome to the real world, motherfucker. I hope the rest of your vacation you continue to be treated like this, and worse. Frankly, I hope your vacation is totally fucked.

Fuck you. Fuck your attitude. Fuck your entitlement issues. Fuck your vacation. And fuck you again, just to be thorough.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                    Is it bad when I read the SCs comments I was hearing them in a snooty British accent?
                    I think of Cameron impersonating Sloane's dad on Ferris Bueller's Day off. Perfect snooty fake British accent.

Comment

Quoth It's me View Post
                      Snooty FAKE British accent! Either that or a really bad French accent!

BTW, what accent do you Brits think belongs to this sort of full-of-himself twerp?
                      I was thinking something along the lines of Atlanta GA or Charleston SC society folk myself.
                      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        First of all, dude--fuck you.

Secondly--fuck you.

Thirdly, fuck your country club. Yes, its membership affords you all kinds of privileges, including access to places that have reciprocal agreements with it. This place has no such reciprocal agreement. Which means you do not, in fact, have every right to use it, and they have every right to refuse your pompous ass entry.

So fuck your pompous ass.

And fuck you for being such a douchebag.

And fuck your wife, too, for having such lousy fucking taste with her mating choice.

Fuck your country club buddies, too. I'm sure they're just as obnoxious a bunch of assholes as you are. And if they're not...fuck them anyway, for letting you in their precious little country club to begin with.

You say you "don't come on vacation to be treated like this." Treated like what, exactly. Denied access to a place you have no right to be in in the first place? Well, welcome to the real world, motherfucker. I hope the rest of your vacation you continue to be treated like this, and worse. Frankly, I hope your vacation is totally fucked.

Fuck you. Fuck your attitude. Fuck your entitlement issues. Fuck your vacation. And fuck you again, just to be thorough.
                        This post made me an "Official Fangirl of Jester". Jus' sayin'.
                        "Imagine that. Human souls, trapped like flies in the World Wide Web, stuck forever, crying out for help."-The Doctor
                        "Isn't that basically Twitter?"-Clara

Comment

Working...
                        X