X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not here to run around after you

Go to the other door!

Our kids club has moved to the other end of the building, which means that parents have been asked to pick them up at another door. There is a sign next to the buzzer saying this.

For the past week weeks, I have been dealing with a mother pretty much every day, who is so stupid that I am surprised she even figured out how to conceive in the first place! She always has a vacant expression on her face, as if she is completely unaware of what is going on around her.

Mother: Uuuuuuuuhhhh....I'm here to....pick up my daughter from....uhhhhh...that club they have.
    Me: Kids Club? Yes, they have moved further down the building. If you just turn around and walk straight down along the building for about 30 seconds, you will see them.
    Mother: Uhhhhhh.....
    Me: Would you like me to take you there?
    Mother: Yeaaaaah. I don't want to get lost.

It's a bit difficult to get lost when all you have to do is walk in a straight line, but I took her there no bother.

Every day since then, she would do the exact same. The story above would repeat itself, and it gradually became more annoying.

Mother: Uhhh, I'm here for you to take me to that club...

After that I had to take action. But there weren't many chances. Sometimes she would slip in unnoticed. Sometimes I would be caught off-guard and would accidentally let her in.

Me: I'm really sorry, I'm too busy to leave my desk at the moment. But you must know where you are going now.
    Mother: It's OK. I'll wait.

And wait she did. All she did was stay rooted to the spot, staring at me. It freaked me out so much that I had to get rid of her.

Yesterday...success! I managed to make her walk 30 seconds in a straight line on her own! I was at the photocopier, when I noticed her walking towards the entrance.

I dove behind the copier and hid. I heard the buzzer go several times, but I did not move. I don't know how long I was behind it, but I think it was at least three or four minutes. I looked up, and just caught a glimpse of her walking into the other entrance.

Thank God.

Return of...her!

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=74277
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=74946

Remember her? Well she was back! This time with a friend. Thankfully they weren't talking to me, but they were having a conversation that was so loud that I might as well have joined in. They were talking about her daughter.

M: Poor Lisa, she like, doesn't know what to do when she leaves school next year.
    F: Aw, poor girl. What does she want to do?
    M: Well, like, she's like never liked school very much. I don't blame her. The teachers here like, speak to you like you're like an idiot. So she's really like not sure if she wants to go to college.
    F: Ah well, college isn't for everyone. Is she thinking of finding a job?
    M: Nah, she is thinking of having a baby instead.
    F: A baby?
    M: Yeah, like if she has like a baby, she will like get everything paid for her through benefits. She'll get her own house, and she'll like, never have to get a job! Isn't that awesome?
    F: Ummm...I think you should really talk things over with her.
    M: But I want to be a Grandma!

Oh my God. Having a baby is now classed as a career choice? It just shows you the state of affairs in the UK when someone who is hard working and tries their best is left with thousands in debt from student loans, but people who have babies get everything handed to them. Grrrr.

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
    who is so stupid that I am surprised she even figured out how to conceive in the first place! .
    She probably had help .

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
      Having a baby is now classed as a career choice? It just shows you the state of affairs in the UK when someone who is hard working and tries their best is left with thousands in debt from student loans, but people who have babies get everything handed to them. Grrrr.
      I is also possible that, while she might get benefits, that the girl and her mother are sorely mistaken as to just how much help she would get. I seriously doubt they would just give her a house and enough to really survive on?

But who knows, I could be wrong.

"Having a baby" has always been a viable "career choice" (stay at home mom), you just used to have to be in a relationship with one bread winner who could support such a thing. I love my career of "Mommy"
      I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

Quoth persephone View Post

"Having a baby" has always been a viable "career choice" (stay at home mom), you just used to have to be in a relationship with one bread winner who could support such a thing. I love my career of "Mommy"
        Oh yeah I completely understand that. My own mother was a stay at home mum for years. But there seems to be an alarming trend of people in the UK who believe that if they have a baby, they can live off the state and not have to do anything else. They then get a massive shock when they realise that they have to actually take care of the child.

I have encountered children from these kinds of backgrounds while working at the school. You can always tell right away. They are usually the ones with ADHD.

Comment

Having a baby is now classed as a career choice? It just shows you the state of affairs in the UK when someone who is hard working and tries their best is left with thousands in debt from student loans, but people who have babies get everything handed to them. Grrrr.
          I know this is fratching material, but I'll post it anyhow.

This happens not only in the UK, but probably in whole Europe.

Sadly, our government has been so sloppy that no clear rules for immigration have been set up. This, together with our generous social security system, has led to a lot of "refugees" (not poking down on the real refugee people needing shelter), who refuse to get a job, because getting 5-10 kids () gives them enough funds to survive.

Of course, these people are only a fraction of all immigrants like myself, but destroys everything for the rest of us. Violence against immigrants, racist organizations growing, you name it.

And all because our (former) government thought that being humanitarian is to "help" people unconditionally.

Comment

When someone posts a fratching topic, you do not respond. You report it.

Believe it or not your thoughts on *any* topic aren't unique. There's no urgent reason to share them here, the rules be damned. People don't come to this forum because they care what you think about a fratching topic.

If you absolutely can't contain your earth-shattering opinions on the social problems of the world, go to fratching. That's what it's for.

Thread closed.
            The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
            X