X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
    Doesn't ring toll a bell.
    Just chiming in.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Here ya go: Tom Paxton.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JV-_...eature=related
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        We run a pic of the American flag next to veterans' notices. We don't charge for that.

Sadly, when my dad passed away, I could not find anybody who could play taps at his funeral. The local American Legion guys said he would have to have been a recent or current member, and he had let his membership lapse years ago. Then a few years after his funeral, I read that one of the suburban Legion posts around here would send representatives to ANY veteran's funeral, you only had to ask. I wish I had known.
        Can't say about taps per se, but ANY veteran funeral arranger can request a military detatchment from the nearest military base that has a graves detail organized [SubBase NLon in CT actually will provide a unit for the states of Maine, Mass, New Hampshire, Vermont, RI and CT as an example. Rob went on grave duty a fair amount.]

Anybody can PM me and Ill get the way to contact the actual military for an actual military graves detail.
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Mirabilu Dictu, he woke up [the cat jumped on him]

Call the nearest military base, ask for the Chaplains office, and let them know you need to arrange for a burial detail. If you are in the northeast, it is actually run out of the Sub Base in Groton [New LOndon] and includes Maine, Mass, RI, Vermont, NH CT and NY. Apparently they throw more burial details in the northeast than Arlington He doesn;t know mid Atlantic, SOutherm, Central or Western offhand, but he assures me that the chaplains office will know who to contact=)
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Thanks for the info, wish I'd known that in 1998. Ah, well. At least he had one veteran at his funeral: My best friend's husband, who served at Norad during the Vietnam War.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
            X