This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    This seems to be an ongoing pattern with a lot of your callers. And somehow, because of it, I suddenly feel the need to break out in song. And I feel a wave of Motown coming on....(sung to the tune of this song)

[I]"Set me free, why don't cha dude
    Hang up the phone, why don't cha dude
    'Cause you don't really hear me
    You just keep me hangin' on
    You don't really need me
    But you keep me hangin' on

<snip>

TDF.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      Like you, GK, I live in a town that's a bit....different.
      Unlike you, I don't harbor any illusions that this place is anything resembling "normal."
      Same kinda town here...Even the rest of our state would rather us be located in considers us to be a separate country entirely.

It's just that we round people like MC Shake & Bake up and drop them all in one place, require them to obtain permits, kick back a percentage to the local authorities in unmarked tan envelopes, etc...We call it the French Quarter. I distinctly recall multiple breakdancing sessions being held in the square in front of the big cathedral back in the 80's...>_>

We even have an annual festivus featuring the weirdest of the bunch -- it just recently ended for this year, actually -- called Mardi Gras.
      Last edited by EricKei; 04-06-2011, 02:44 AM. Reason: do the worm
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
        Thank you. Personally I thought it was one of my more inspired parodies.

And yet, as good as I can be with parodies, the one I've been working on for years still goes nowhere. Hmph.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Nothing could be more awesome then the name MC Shake And Bake.

Comment

Indeed. I love reading GK's posts just to read about how bad poor old MC Shake and Bake (I just love saying that!) is doing.
            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth nicolecj View Post
              Afterward we enthusiastically met the cat rock band while they played with their instruments
              Josie and the Pussycats?
              Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                I’m sure there’s a perfectly valid reason for half the females I walked passed tonight to be wearing cat ears. I don’t know what that reason is…..nor can I honestly imagine one that makes any sense, but I’m sure there is one. I hope there is one. I like to try to maintain the mental illusion I live in a reasonably normal city. Despite witnessing daily arguments to the contrary.

One of them even had a tail.
                I tried to see if there was something furry going on up there this past weekend, but evidence says the closest you would get would be Bearracuda, and that doesn't actually involve any females...

Quoth Trjgul View Post
                Could have been an anime convention in town- I used to dress like that when I went to those.
                No anime events that I could find, either.

However, there is a Stargate convention the weekend of the 14th.

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                Going toe to toe with two other rappers, and a dude that was beatboxing on a flute.
                Any fan of Ian Anderson can tell you that flutes are actually quite good for that.

Quoth Jester View Post
                And yet, as good as I can be with parodies, the one I've been working on for years still goes nowhere. Hmph.
                Your muse just hasn't been hit with the proper inspiration to round it out.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Gyah! Been busy. ><

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
                  Get this. He has a lightening bolt shaped scar too.
                  Really? Holy shiat. Truly this Potter fellow sounds like an exciting character. I must track down his tales at once.

Quoth nicolecj
                  I would like to submit that as the reason that they were wearing cat ears. There was a cat circus in town! See, it is completely logical
                  This would seriously not surprise me seeing as this city already has an annual Zombie day.

Quoth houdini
                  You really need to work on that brain-to-mouth filter, Gravekeeper.
                  I'm trying, I really am. It failed me several times last night though. Sigh. -.-

Quoth Trjgul
                  Could have been an anime convention in town- I used to dress like that when I went to those.
                  No, they were....uniform, and there's no convention centre around the area. Also this is pretty late at night. Some sort of strange fetish club event would be more probable....

Quoth ElPolloGuerra
                  You know, I was joking before when I said that we'd be seeing MC Shake'N'Bake on "Urban Star", but now I'm thinking it'd be a good idea. It may bring about an end to the endless 'war of the talentless' reality shows out there.
                  I'm getting tempted to bring my camcorder. He's been appearing consistently lately. Out there almost all last week, and he was *still* out there last night.

Quoth MoonCat
                  As for MC Shake & Bake, I think the majority of the population of Vancouver must be going blocks out of their way to avoid him. Even the people that don't have anything better to do than stand around and watch somebody, ahem, "rap."
                  His two locations are right outside the station entrance, so you can't avoid him, or right on the corner, so you can't avoid him because you're waiting for the light to change. >.>

Quoth Jester
                  This seems to be an ongoing pattern with a lot of your callers. And somehow, because of it, I suddenly feel the need to break out in song. And I feel a wave of Motown coming on....(sung to the tune of this song)
                  Also, damn you for the fact thats still popping up in my head from time to time. I should have never clicked the link so my brain got the melody to work with. ><

Quoth Andara
                  I tried to see if there was something furry going on up there this past weekend, but evidence says the closest you would get would be Bearracuda, and that doesn't actually involve any females...
                  .....right, maybe I should go grab the address for that just to make sure I'm *not* anywhere near it on my walk to work.....I don't want to show up 20 minutes late and end up trying to explain to my boss that "They're not like real bears! If you lay down and play dead, they don't just leave you alone!".

Comment

Working...
                  X