Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My boss used to call them Toy Guidos - guys who thought they would corner the market, and were strictly boom and bust swap meet types.

Comment

I used to collect Star Wars figures. I didn't really care so much about the MIB thing as they would go out and get put on my shelf but still there were quite a few figures I missed out on because of people like this. I can only hope they are mostly worthless as probably many of the Power of the Force figures are MIB since they were probably bought by people in the in their 20's or 30's (at the time).

Comment

Yay, the stupid little cars are going on sale next week for half price. If I see them coming in again tonight I'm gonna just tell them to leave. I don't care if I'm not management because I don't want to listen to T bitch about it and I get tired of watching people making a mess of everything on Saturday nights.

Comment

When I used to unload trucks at WallyWorld, we used to hold the collectible toy items in the back and send them out WITH the stockers after the trucks were empty just because of this behaviour. Our store was one of many in a large city and the collectors actually drove routes each night, store to store, the 24-hour ones first then hit the others as they opened.

Most of the collectors were well mannered and respectful about not being this way.... but we had one (the other collectors just referred to him as Satan) that would break open pallets and cases, stash stuff he didn't have cash for under deckplates, and generally just make himself a nuisance..... Even tried to get me fired once by telling the SM that I had offered to sell him and entire case of [artificially rare movie toys] for $50 under the table. Fortunately, the SM was much smarter than that--she had LP watch Toys the next couple nights and had him banned the first time they caught him stashing merch under the decks.

Comment

Quoth OfficeSlug View Post
            $10 says he doesn't have a wife.

-.-
            And $20 says he couldn't get laid by a corpse if his life depended on it.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I agree with trollbaby no way in heck this guys has a spouse
              C_R

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                And $20 says he couldn't get laid by a corpse if his life depended on it.
                Even the zombies wouldn't want him. No brains.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Well so far it's not been too bad... but we won't get our first truck for the week until Wednesday night. I did see a dude kind of digging through one of the fastracks but he at least picked his mess up after I made eye contact with him. I still don't see the draw in little bitty cars. Then again, I don't really collect anything. I leave that up to the man-type person that lives here.

Comment

I used to say I don't collect anything, but that is not quite right. I do have a collection of unicorn figurines..does that count? (only like 12 at last count)
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                      I used to say I don't collect anything, but that is not quite right. I do have a collection of unicorn figurines..does that count? (only like 12 at last count)
                      Talk to me when you hit 25... last time I counted (before my brother managed to be responsible for losing the bulk of my collection >_< ), I had somewhere in the neighborhood of about 200 different unicorn items, with only about 3 duplicates amongst them.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Only 12 because only my family buys them for me, and 90% of my family now wants nothing to do with me. Hehe.
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Damn...and I thought *I* was bad about my cars. Yes, I will go through the display racks, looking for cars that I don't have. But, I always make sure to put back the ones I don't want. I don't leave the store a mess, in other words. Also, I don't go around trying to find every variation--there are far too many for that, and I have somewhat of a life I've actually given up on trying to count just how many cars I have. I'm sure I probably have quite a few, and many of them are *not* mint. Oh, and they're not in the blister packs either--they're meant to play with. Plus, the kitties like to chase them across the kitchen floor

Plastic models are another favorite. Again, I don't trash the stores--everything is carefully put back before I leave. I'm usually after long-out-of-production kits, or things that aren't seen very often. In fact, I found a nice 1978 Porsche 924 Group 4 racer...right out in the open. No digging through the racks, and the price was right. Still have to build it though
                          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

When I was younger thanks to my uncle I must have had about 200 little hot wheels cars, I loved those things to death. They're all in the shed now way in the back underneath the stuffed animals in storage. I started buying them for my niece now and she loves them too.
                            ......../\
                            ....../__\
                            ..../\...../\
                            ../__\../__\

Comment

For the record, I take offense to the title of this thread. No, I do not sleep at night. Hardly ever.

Especially now that it doesn't get dark out until towards 8:00, it's just getting dark when I wake up. Although I am up for a chunk of the daylight hours, if we even get to see any sun (since all it ever does here is gloom, overcast, and snow).

My best attempts, sometimes I fall asleep on a night off between 4-8 pm and sleep until midnight or so, then I'm wide awake all the rest of the night, or perhaps 10-2 or something. If I'm awake all day (with a nap) and into the evening, I can't fall asleep before 3 am.

Nearly five years of graves has ruined me. I can honestly say I don't think I will ever be able to have normal hours again.

When I've been laid off a week or had extra days off, I cannot shake night shift syndrome, or at the very least, I CANNOT manage a day without a few hours of a nap.
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                                For the record, I take offense to the title of this thread. No, I do not sleep at night. Hardly ever.
                                Well I certainly didn't mean to offend. And I can totally understand your predicament, Blas. It took my husband a couple of years to get back to a day shift schedule.

So far I haven't gotten any more hot wheels messes, but first truck is tonight so I'm sure there will be one tomorrow. I won't be there thankfully.

Comment

Working...
                                X