Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pass the baby; I need to buy cigarettes!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pass the baby; I need to buy cigarettes!

This was a rather interesting incident that happened the other day. Roughly afternoon, we got a call at the petrol station from the kiosk over at the main store. Apparently, a girl looking about fifteen, pushing a buggy containing a baby wrapped in a blue blanket had attempted to buy cigarettes but had no ID. They described her to us as she was heading over to the petrol station. She arrived, I IDed her, she turned and stormed out.

About ten minutes later, a different girl showed up. This girl also looked very young and get this, she was also pushing the exact same buggy containing the same baby. XD She also tried to buy cigarettes and was refused. We waited for another call telling us about some other girl using the baby as a means of ID, but none arrived. Of course, we called kiosk to tell them of this new girl, and a little later, we saw her leave the main store.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Oh yes, because *ONLY* people who are of legal age to buy tobacco/alcohol/other-age-restricted-items would have children....
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

I've had customers snarl at me before, telling them I should know better than to card them because they're with kids. Fine, whatever, please still show me your ID. But those two young ladies....that's low.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
        I've had customers snarl at me before, telling them I should know better than to card them because they're with kids. Fine, whatever, please still show me your ID. But those two young ladies....that's low.
        The last time someone did this to me, when she said she was of age, I responded in a singsong voice, "And your license will prove it!"
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Sometimes, I really don't get the thought process of SCs. It was the fact that it was the same freaking baby that got me; I wondered who the mother was, or even if it was their baby brother. Anyway, we've made a note of their appearences so if they show up again, we'll be ready. XD
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

That kid's going to have an interesting life.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

My foster-brother has - on more than one occasion - used his tattoos as ID.
              He *is* old enough, and I'm pretty sure that it's a legal requirement to be of age to get tattoos, so ... Most people buy it. Pretty sure that's pretty dodgy XD
              Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
              What's the difference?
              We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

I've also had people show me their pregnant tummy or balding head. Sorry, the law requires I still ask for ID.
                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I never get why so many people have such a problem with showing their ID and why so many don't think to have it on them. Yes you may look old enough, you may have children or whatever that show you're likely old enough, but it's store policy and usually state law. Deal with it and show it.

Comment

Quoth rose_metal_nz View Post
                    He *is* old enough, and I'm pretty sure that it's a legal requirement to be of age to get tattoos, so ... Most people buy it. Pretty sure that's pretty dodgy XD
                    Sometimes I use this as a basis for if I think they are 18, although, some people get those henna tattoos. But still I go with, just because you SHOULD be 18 to get inked, doesn't mean everyone is, and sure half your face and body is covered, you MIGHT be 21, but I want the damn ID

At my one high school we had several freshman girls having babies, just because you capable of making a child or pretending you made a child does not make you legal age to smoke.
                    I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Case in point: I was not legal age to smoke when I was pregnant with my first child.

People are stupid.
                      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Which begs the question, if this is the child of one of these kids, what other stunts will they pull with said child and how long until child services steps in?

Comment

Quoth rose_metal_nz View Post
                          You can get a tattoo underage if you have parental consent or if you - hold on to your hat for this - lie about your age!

My sister-in-law had tattoos at age 15. It's no indication of age.
                          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                            You can get a tattoo underage if you have parental consent or if you - hold on to your hat for this - lie about your age!
                            Don't forget that the age restriction is only for professional work. You can have a friend tat you up no matter what your age.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

you do not need to see my ID, this is not the baby you are looking for...

(someone had to say it)
                              There are only two rules of tactics: never be without a plan, and never rely on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X