Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pass the baby; I need to buy cigarettes!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth protege View Post
    Depends where you are in PA. Some grocery stores, like the Giant Eagle near me, actually *do* sell six-packs of beer.
    Yeah, I forgot that the Wegmans in my area is doing the same thing. I've never been there, so I don't know how that works. And I think a few of the Sheetz stores are starting to do it, although someone tried to sue to stop it.

I actually thought PA's system was the way it was everywhere, until I was 17. My dad was seeing a woman who was originally from Canada, and we were all going there to visit her family. We stopped off at a 7-Eleven in New York, and I was quite surprised to see beer and wine coolers in the store.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

When I worked for Publix years ago, this was also a ploy people used to buy beer. It was mostly underaged women who did it, sometimes the guys, but few. I always wondered who in their right mind would "loan" their kid to someone for I'D use, but it occurred to me they're probably babysitting, and the parents have no idea they've even left the house with their kid. At times, it even turned out to be the child's aunt or uncle watching their much older sibling's kid during the day, using the kid to get alcohol.

It's appalling.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
        Yeah, I forgot that the Wegmans in my area is doing the same thing. I've never been there, so I don't know how that works. And I think a few of the Sheetz stores are starting to do it, although someone tried to sue to stop it.

I actually thought PA's system was the way it was everywhere, until I was 17. My dad was seeing a woman who was originally from Canada, and we were all going there to visit her family. We stopped off at a 7-Eleven in New York, and I was quite surprised to see beer and wine coolers in the store.
        In North Carolina, if you want liquor you go to a state run ABC store. For beer and wine purchases you can find those at any grocery/convenience/drug store, as well as beer/wine retail shops (such as Total Wine for example).

There's currently talk about making it legal to buy moonshine through ABC stores, BTW.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
          I've also had people show me their pregnant tummy or balding head. Sorry, the law requires I still ask for ID.
          Genetics can be very peculiar. Teenagers, despite popular beliefs, can get grey hair or lose their hair. I had HS classmates with noticeably thinning hair, and I myself was starting to go grey in my teens. Hair condition is no more of a guarantee of age than pregancy is.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
            Genetics can be very peculiar. Teenagers, despite popular beliefs, can get grey hair or lose their hair. I had HS classmates with noticeably thinning hair, and I myself was starting to go grey in my teens. Hair condition is no more of a guarantee of age than pregancy is.
            Ask my dad, who started losing his hair when he was 17. And I had some gray in my hair before I was 20. Come to think of it, I was 15 when I found my first one - right after Dad remarried.

I think there's a pattern there.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
            X