Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rainy days at the faire are so much fun!!!! You sit at the bottom of the hill and watch the muggles who come to get smashed fall in the mud. And then you get to see one of the guilds shower. and the mud show is particularly good when it rains.

I love the faire!!!
    http://footloosecomic.com Pirate Faeries!!

Comment

Quoth Nyoibo View Post
      It's amazing how little someone will argue with you when you're in armour and carying a sword.
      I need to work on my wardrobe.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

OK. That was awesome.
        You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
          so I pulled out a lucet loom and started making cording =) We ended up with me teaching an impromptu class on cording and drop spinning [I had my craft backpack with me]
          I love drop spinning! I've made several lovely yarns of my own (one of which I used to knit my cellphone cover!) and have given some away to friends, too. Which reminds me, I need to replace the little hook on my spindle because it got bent and wobbles when spinning.
          "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

When DH and I go to the Texas Renn Fest, we have to take (or rent) mobility scooters since the grounds are so vast. People are always trying to get us to stage drag races. We'll get the unsuspecting character to do a countdown, then both of us will take off--in REVERSE! Last year, one poor guy just lost it. He laughed so hard, he actually could not stand up!
            Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

What a whiny dumbshit that woman was. I remember going to the Ren Faire as part of my senior English class, and when we got there, we couldn't go in for two hours because there was a fucking chemical spill only a couple miles from the faire site and we had to wait until it was deemed safe in the area before we could enter the actual faire (I guess they were worried about fumes floating into the area).

But it was still cool because a lot of the actors and vendors came out into the parking lot to entertain us. I wanted to get a tunic so bad, but I didn't have three hundred bucks to blow. My "tunic" that day was a Victoria's Secret satin shirt worn backwards with white leggings and aged leather boots I found in the closet that were my mom's. And a man dressed as a Scotsman bellowed at me that I wasn't eating cheesecake properly - that I had to eat it with my hands.

That was fun. Was sooooo damn sad I wasn't old enough to buy a weapon. As if I had $1000+ for the double flail I wanted, but hey. If I were 18, that'd be one step closer to getting it.

Comment

Working...
              X