X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kara gets a late-night spot.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
      Kara gets a late-night spot.

^-.-^
      Perhaps a COPS-esque kind of show?
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Jester - perhaps consider sharing the link via Private Message on the board only; the user must initiate contact, and it's up to you whether to give it to them or not (basically, if you don't recognize their name/avatar, consider a polite decline).
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I work in a liquor store so I've seen my share of idiots, like the ones who come in RIGHT as we're closing down shop.
          Your neck is 7 and a half feet wide and 4 and a half feet tall. Your shoulders are also around 4 and a half feet wide. Your butt is 4 feet wide and your arms are around 3 feet long-gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            Jester - perhaps consider sharing the link via Private Message on the board only; the user must initiate contact, and it's up to you whether to give it to them or not (basically, if you don't recognize their name/avatar, consider a polite decline).
            The problem with that, of course, is that then I risk the possibility of telling people no, that they don't meet whatever standards I may have, blah blah blah.

Still debating this one. What to do, what to do.....

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Epic Length! Splendid!
              There Can Be Only One

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                Still debating this one. What to do, what to do.....
                Arrange for the video to play on a TV in the bar, and show it to all CS forum members that stop by to see it. Of course, we'll have to PM you for the location, but I intend to that the next time I'm going to Key West anyway.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Fair enough ^_^ Tho by a "standard", I was thinking along the lines of -- have you ever seen them post on CS.com, let alone in one of your threads, in the past year? -- does their name or ava look even vaguely familiar? -- is there request NOT in a "begging for info" form?

Just ideas to bandy about
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

After careful consideration, I have decided that I simply cannot post the link publicly to either interview, thus destroying what little anonymity I may yet have here. This was not a decision reached lightly, and I apologize to the CS family as a whole, but these are simply going to have to be pieces I share with select people at my discretion.

My reasoning is pretty simple, really. And it's not from any worry about my personal situation or job security. But such a thing has the potential, sadly, to blow up in the faces of those I work for. And as I've stated numerous times, I love the people I work for. So if I have to choose between potentially exposing these wonderful people to some unwanted negative attention and the enjoyment of the CS community as a whole, I am afraid I must put the wider enjoyment of you folks here on the chopping block.

I am sure most of the people here will get it, and perhaps a few will not. That is the reality of life. And that is a reality I can live with. So my apologies, but I'm afraid only a few of you will get to see and hear these bits.

Not that it's a great loss, especially with the tv one, as I do have the perfect face for radio. Probably best if y'all don't see too much of it anyway.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Makes sense. No worries.

Comment

Okay first of all that whole group of people just sounds horrible.

Second, CSTV sounds like the most amazing thing ever. I would watch it. Especially Jester and GK. GK is hilarious, and Jester can really spin a tale.

Finally, 14 year old girls who look like they are 20 something. I hope they look like withered old messes by the time they are 25 all of them! This odd rage is caused by the fact that at 22 a lot of people still think I'm 14 or 15. Some think I'm a very youthful 25, but still. I hate it. So many people say I will be happy with looking this young when I get to my 30s, which might be great. I think it would be awesome to look 19 when I'm 32. Though at almost 23 I'm pretty sick of being carded. I went to one bar where I was carded by both doormen, a floor man, 5 bartenders, and the manager! Underage who can get into a bar without even needing a fake make me want to... I don't know do something bad.

I swear if I'm still getting carded into my 30's, and someone tells me I should take it as a compliment...

Okay, rant done.
                        Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                        Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Hinakiba, you really will love it when you get older. Myself, I never minded being carded, as from the moment I turned 21, I had a very simple philosophy: if they card me, I'm getting my drink, and if they don't card me, I'm getting my drink. Either way, I get my damn drink! (And getting carded 4 times since my 40th birthday was pretty fucking awesome.)

Speaking of people who don't get carded, I once was out with some people, one of whom was 18, another was 22. In this one bar, the 18 year old was never questioned, and the 22 year old was carded with much scrutiny, which pissed her off, and made the rest of us laugh our asses off. It was a very amusing evening, in which we were stealthily shooting our water guns at people in the bar without letting them know it, so they kept looking up for the leak in the ceiling that wasn't there. Below is a picture of the four of us having way too much fun. (I have no idea who took the picture, actually.)
                          Attached Files

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                          X