This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth maskedpuppy View Post
    Well I'm new, but let's see if I can match ya'll.
    There's no competition, here we are all full of WIN! And now you are too!
    Welcome, grab a cookie. They are choc chip.
    (in one lovely case, a woman was so angry she had to wait for me that she methodically tore down a stack of gift cards off the rack in front of the registers and threw them on the ground for every five seconds she had to wait, while counting in a loud whisper.
    ...and why couldn't she be thrown out for spoiling the shop's merchandise?
    I have more!
    GIEV US MOAR!
    I haven't even started getting into my other job, as a tattoo apprentice...so I'll be posting more another time.
    Oh, sounds interesting! I'll be waiting for those posts.
    Quoth chainedbarista View Post
    some women are drawn to married men...no idea why
    I am wondering too, even I - who always had very little success with women - have started receiving undesired attentions since I got married...
    Little kids have a habit of ripping down the gift cards as well, for some reason toddlers seem to love them.
    Toddlers you can understand. Parents who allow them to, on the other hand...
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

Quoth C. Cecil Ivanish View Post
      I am wondering too, even I - who always had very little success with women - have started receiving undesired attentions since I got married...
      The one year I was engaged, I received a LOT of attention from other women. Very odd dynamic.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth raine_naoe View Post
        Ahahahahaha....

ah, tracfone. at least once a week i go through the whole spiel about tracfones for a customer, and it's not always the older ones that just don't get it.

the minutes and days both will rollover. I've seen people with close to a thousand minutes and people whose phones are good til 2013. and the 60 minute card for $20 is for 90 days. It's why I recommend tracfone for the people who only want an emergency phone. out of the options at our store, about $7 a month is the cheapest option. specially since all our tracfones are double minute phones now.
        I did not know that about the days racking up, that's actually really good (and ONE redeeming quality about them, unless they did away with TWENTY DIGIT PINS!).

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        Of course, nowadays there are phones like the Jitterbug, which are blatantly geared toward the elderly but function like a cell phone from a provider like Sprint or Verizon, with no cards to purchase.

Or phones you can use month to month, with a certain number of minutes per month, with the monthly charges going on your credit card (like Virgin Mobile, which I have and enjoy very much.)

My mom had a Tracfone once, when she was sick of US Cellular, Sprint and all them. She went to Virgin Mobile too. I think it was because the phone itself was a piece of crap or something.
        When I was selling cellphones Virgin Mobile was my go to one for people that wanted an emergency phone or whatever. Dead simple to set up, $20 every 90 days (A cell for $7 a month is great in my mind), reasonable (not the best) price per min, and the ability to set up auto billing. As a large portion of the clientele where I was selling them were stereotypical old people*, they simply wanted to get their kids/grand kids off their backs and have something to keep in the car in case they needed it.

Sounds like Tracfone now rivals Virgin in terms of cost, which is great (It didn't when I was selling them), as I think that every one should have a cell, even if it's off 100% of the time and they only use it to call AAA or something.

*please note, I'm not trying to disparage people with an advanced number of years, just an annoyance with those that fit the stereotype, hell most of them where younger than my parents, who I don't consider 'old' :P

Comment

Two reasons. The lesser of the two, and the one already mentioned, is that you are now "safe." Since you already have someone, you aren't going to want any sort of commitment out of them.

The other, stronger reason: When you're in a relationship, you're more confident in yourself, and self-confidence is sexy.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            Two reasons. The lesser of the two, and the one already mentioned, is that you are now "safe." Since you already have someone, you aren't going to want any sort of commitment out of them.
            Good point. But wouldn't it also make me more difficult to get, as they should assume that, as I am married, I should have a ready source of cuddles, self-assurance and sex? Or maybe that is part of the game...
            Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            The other, stronger reason: When you're in a relationship, you're more confident in yourself, and self-confidence is sexy.
            ...true.
            FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

re: virgin mobile: yeah, the plans are real good, but around this area tracfone actually has better service in general. also, the only actual phones we sell for them start at $100. whereas tracfones start at $10.

as for the pin numbers, I actually don't mind them, and I don't mind adding them for customers. It's phones like straighttalk where you have to call a number first to enter the pin that I hate doing.
              I make music videos in my spare time. http://www.youtube.com/user/raven13x. Check them out ^_^

Comment

You're a tattoo apprentice!? AWESOME

Its a real pet peeve of mine when other customers interrupt a transaction. Frequently, I'll be serving a customer, talking to them, ringing up their items, taking payment etc (you know, 'cos thats my job I'm sure you all guessed not sure why I wrote it all out lol), when some other person just bypasses the entire queue, walks right up and asks "how much is this?" "can you get this for me" or some such other thing. Children, I've noticed, are particularly bad for it. I always end up interrupting them so a typical encounter normally goes like this:

SC: "How much is-" *thrusting garment in my direction*
                Me: "Sorry, I'm actually serving this lady right now, you'll have to wait." *bright beamy smile and borderline patronising tone*

Maybe its because this is Britain and here we "know how to queue" and when I remind people they seem to be almost slightly abashed by effectively pushing in, but I never get shitty reactions. Often times, they will seem to magically notice the queue and come to the conclusion "I have to queue up". (There is only one exception to the rule- people asking to use the fitting rooms. We dont' expect people to queue up just to ask and we can point to the right direction from the till with no probs). Sometimes, they will hover next to the queue after being rebuffed, hoping to push in front of the NEXT customer, in which case I tell them very nicely that so-and-so was next.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  The one year I was engaged, I received a LOT of attention from other women. Very odd dynamic.
                  I had a casual BF once [was a but more serious than friends with benefits but not exclusive] who didn't think he was all that good looking, but I will admit he had a killer bod.

We would go shopping at the mall, and he would turn heads. He said it never happened when he was alone or with another guy, just with a female [it happened when he was with another female buddy of ours]

I think it is definitely something like a combination of forbidden fruit and he already has someone permanent and is safe to flirt with/mess woth because it can't be permanent/long term.
                  EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Good point. But wouldn't it also make me more difficult to get, as they should assume that, as I am married, I should have a ready source of cuddles, self-assurance and sex?
                    Humans, as a whole, are not a notoriously loyal or faithful species.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      Humans, as a whole, are not a notoriously loyal or faithful species.
                      Or logical.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Ugh, I had a TracFone in college and I hated it. I got one because I had no cell phone at all until I was a sophomore in college and my mom would call the school or the dorm lobby to get a hold of me. Then she somehow got a hold of my best friend's cell phone number and she'd call and leave screaming, bitchy messages when he forgot to tellme she called.

Honestly, I don't use the phone much at all, so an emergency phone was fine for me. I guess that I didn't think it was worth it for how seldom I used the phone to call or text. And then I got a Net10 phone, which was another prepaid phone. And I hate those too - I got sick of recharging mine and basically paying $20 a month to send three texts and make one phone call, so I just let the air time run out and someone else got my number.

Now I have to listen to my mother scream bloody murder at me to recharge the service days on her phone every month (since she refuses to learn herself) on her Net10 phone so she can make one whole 30-second call the entire month.

And yeah, I definitely hear folks on the irony of getting romantic attention when you're not single. I began seeing my boyfriend about four months before leaving for college, and while in college, I had quite a few guys ask me out, hit on me or ask me to sleep with them that it made me wonder where these desperate little misfits were coming from. Especially loved the ones who insisted on sexy time when I told them I had a boyfriend whom I would not leave. But I bet you anything if I went to college single and looking, no one would have given me a second glance.

Comment

SC: *leaps out of the black depths they seem to come from into the front of my line* EXCUSE ME I NEED HELP
                          That part made me LOL. They always seem to just materalize out of thin air eh? Like Satan in all the movies.
                          Ew for the creepy married guy. It seems like its always the married ones. Kudos to you for telling him off. And that stupid woman on the phone made my skin crawl just reading about it. Too familiar. WELCOME to CS!
                          Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                          The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Working...
                          X