This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth sirwired View Post
    "Under a year old?" The mind boggles. What sort of pageant exists for children that can't even walk, and can't say more than a few words?
    You would be surprised at how young parents will enter their children. I have made more then a few size newborn dresses. One parent even commissioned me to make a dress a few days after she found out it was a girl. She wanted me to make it so it would fit but be adjustable in case her baby was a little bigger, like 10 pounds or something. A local pageant director that already has her daughter in pageants entered her 4 DAY old baby in a pageant that her other daughter was going to be in. Yes, pretty much straight out of the hospital to the stage.

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
      You've never heard of the Little Miss Embryo Pageant?
      It is such a pain to get the little darlings to face the camera, let alone put the tiara on their little unformed head. And I've lost track of the number of disqualifications due to gender misidentification.
      Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

The Gamete Pageants have disqualification for a lack of fertilisation.

And there's also the 'gleam in one's father's eye' pageants....
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Treasure View Post
          WOW - the most non-fratching comment i can say, is that many of those outfits are very age-inappropriate.
          I'm not worried about the age inappropriateness but the fact half the girls look like they are made out of plastic scares me!
          I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Yeah, you actually pay a person anywhere from 50-150 for a couple hours a week to teach your child to look like that. We don't pay for a coach since we are not big into glitz but a friend of mine does. She videos her sessions to practice at home since her daughter is only two and doesn't get much out of only an hour or so. She has let my daughter "practice" with her daughter and mine has caught on pretty quickly. I like to freak my husband out with her "training". She will be walking around the house or sitting and playing and I will say "N, do your princess face" She will drop what she is doing and pop a pageant pose doing her pretty hands and pretty feet and make her face do the totally empty eyed fake plastic smile. He said she looks like a super creepy psycho when she does that out of nowhere

Comment

Quoth pageantmama View Post
              Some of these dresses are anywhere from 2-3000 dollars. http://www.cinderellafashions.com/Dresses.php
              Okay, some of those dresses are pretty, but many are not appropriate at all. And that heavy makeup on those little girls? Making them look like 30-year-old women?! YIKES!!!

Yes, I know it's stage makeup, and having done some theater myself, I know it's needed under bright lights on a stage. But it looks awful in still photos.
              Last edited by XCashier; 05-20-2011, 05:29 AM.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

They honestly do have 'cutest' (spelling ) baby pagents. *shrugs*
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Sounds like she's the one who's "STONED".

Comment

Working...
                  X