Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You're Ripping People Off!!!!ELEVENTY!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're Ripping People Off!!!!ELEVENTY!!!!

First of all I have to say...I. Hate. Night shift! Hate it! Why? More drama, more SCs, etc! Not even an hour and a half into my 9 hour shift tonight, I had an SC. We'll call him stupid pizza guy, SPG for short. SPG comes to the counter with pizzas that he ordered. One of them is currently on special. It also has extra cheese on it--which is, of course, an extra charge. Most pizza places do this, no? Anyway, I give him his total, and he flies off the handle!

SPG: Isn't this one on special?
    ME: Yes, but you have extra cheese. That's an extra topping charge.
    SPG: Two dollars for extra cheese???
    ME: $1.75 per extra topping on a large, sir.
    SPG: It wasn't that before! You guys are ripping people off now!!!!!
    ME: *goes about getting his change, etc, then decides to try to talk to him* Extra toppings on large pizzas have been that price for a whi--
    SPG: NO IT HASN'T! WE JUST CHECKED AND IT WASN'T THAT MUCH!
    ME: *goes silent, not wanting a fight, gives him back his change and receipt* Have a nice night.

A few things here: 1) I've worked at the C-store for (ugh) 9 years now. I think I know my pricing, despite several increases throughout my tenure. 2) You're bitching over $1.75. Shut up and get the fuck out! 3) The only reason I backed down is because I really didn't want a fight, or a bad complaint about it, though I think management might back me if they knew what an ass he was. 4) Karma is a bitch. She doesn't particularly like assholes who wine and bitch about cheap ass shit like that. I hope you enjoy her visit with you. Jackass!
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

I love the "I just checked" argument. Which 9 times out of 10 seems to be the customer looking wildly about until they see a number or something that works with their argument and claiming it was a valid source straight from the company manager.

Comment

Exactly. I should've grabbed one of our menus and showed him. Stupid fucktard he was!

Comment

I feel for you. If I had a nickel for every time an SC at the gas station told me that they "knew" what the price was "supposed to be" or "used to be", or products that we supposedly "once" had, I would have had enough money to start a Pandara bracelet. Maybe even a charm or two to go with it.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

In 'customer speak', "I just checked" means either "I called ten years ago" or "I checked the price on something without the extra cheese."

Or it means he's lying. Take your pick.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

blas--Thanks for the sympathy. Perhaps I should put out a jar just for that reason!

MoonCat -- I think it was all of the above, ha! I briefly considered taking the charge off, but fuck that. He can deal with it! That would've meant he won!

Comment

nope, keep that charge on; you want extra, pay for it, cheapskate. we don't care how much that extra would have cost back in the recession/depression/personal financial crisis. if you can't afford it, don't ask for it.
              look! it's ghengis khan!
              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Get that all the time working in hotels. Because they think that they can come for a special event like Mardi Gras and the rates won't change. Ever. Here's a hint, its based on supply and demand and just because it was one price 15 minutes ago doesn't mean it will stay that price.

Comment

I would just book ages in advance...but that's common sense.
                  My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                    I would just book ages in advance...but that's common sense.
                    You'd think, wouldn't you. But apparently not to most people on this planet.

Comment

Working...
                    X