This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
    He doesn't teach for the Midvale School For the Gifted does he?
    are yoiu sure he does not teach at St. Brutus' Secure Centre for Incurably Criminal Boys ??????
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man

are yoiu sure he does not teach at St. Brutus' Secure Centre for Incurably Criminal Boys ??????
      *giggles at the reference* :P
      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

"Ah you there, boy!"

My response to that would have been a raised eyebrow and a "Do I LOOK like Oliver Twist to you? Kindly show some manners."

Comment

Quoth Victoria J View Post
          Also please remember - lawyers aren't evil. Though your local college may be. I have met many many lawyers and they've all been wonderful people, and almost none of whom have been well paid. That's no doubt because I have met those who are dedicated to teaching, and those who are dedicated to helping people in need and haven't hung around the ambulance chasers. I know there are bad ones too, but I wish everyone would remember the variety. Gandhi was a lawyer. So was Abraham Lincoln. This was a public service announcement from someone who actually has a soft spot for the legal profession.
          Victoria J
          Lawyers are like nuclear weapons. Everybody's got 'em but nobody wants to really use 'em (except for a few crazies). Cause when they are used, they just f*ck up everything, forever.

Quoth dalesys View Post
          Erm... I attended Midvale Junior High. We built "Humpty Buzzers" in shop. Does that count?
          WTF is a Humpty Buzzer?

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
            Lawyer: Hmph! What exactly am I paying for?
            Me: The classroom space.

Me: Don't you DARE talk down to me when you can't even figure out how to open a door.
            Brilliant! Wonder if that got through his thick skull? I doubt it, anyone who's stupid enough not to get a handtruck when he has to lug around a box of books doesn't learn well. Makes you wonder how he passed his exams...
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              Makes you wonder how he passed his exams...
              Bribery?

Comment

I'm a librarian in NY. I have a Master's degree in Library science. Been working here for 29 years. We used to give out 20 sheets of paper for the computer, now it's automatically counted.

Couple of years ago, a male customers was annoyed he had to ask for paper. I gave him his 20 sheets. He said, "At least I don't have a crappy job handing out paper to people."

I felt like saying to him, "Sir, I have a Master's degree and have been here 29 years. I have a full fledged computer printing system at home. At least I have JOB during the day and don't have to rely on public computers." Boy, I was thinking that, didn't dare say it.

Comment

Quoth vloglady View Post

I felt like saying to him, "Sir, I have a Master's degree and have been here 29 years. I have a full fledged computer printing system at home. At least I have JOB during the day and don't have to rely on public computers." Boy, I was thinking that, didn't dare say it.
                  Here, you'd have got that, verbatim.

Comment

"Ah yes, you there, boy!"
                    Brave man.

Or does he think the law degree's going to stop somebody from punching his lights out?

Now, I'm not saying that's what should happen, just that if he talks like that to people sooner or later he's going to say it to the wrong people that's what's going to happen.

What happened to people's sense of self-preservation?
                    I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

Quoth TonyDonuts View Post
                      Self-preservation is too closely tied to common sense. When common sense died out, self-preservation followed.
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                        Self-preservation is too closely tied to common sense. When common sense died out, self-preservation followed.
                        Common sense isn't dead, it's on life support.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth TonyDonuts View Post
                          Brave man.

Or does he think the law degree's going to stop somebody from punching his lights out?

Now, I'm not saying that's what should happen, just that if he talks like that to people sooner or later he's going to say it to the wrong people that's what's going to happen.

Oh don't worry, he plans on suing to recover that after he's out of traction from the beating he got.
                          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                            Quoth XCashier View Post
                            Makes you wonder how he passed his exams...
                            Bribery?
                            Or managed to get someone competent to take them for him.
                            Seriously though, what could he possibly be teaching that would be worthwhile?
                            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I thought this was going to be a thread on some SC trying to go all lawyer-jitsu on you.
                              guess not! What a wuss and a bitch! Yeah, hand truck or try for a locker from the admin office, geeze...
                              "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                              "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth vloglady View Post
                                I'm a librarian in NY. I have a Master's degree in Library science. Been working here for 29 years. We used to give out 20 sheets of paper for the computer, now it's automatically counted.

Couple of years ago, a male customers was annoyed he had to ask for paper. I gave him his 20 sheets. He said, "At least I don't have a crappy job handing out paper to people."

Here's an alternative.

"Well, that's the price you pay for using public computers."
                                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                                X