Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still don't get what difference the name of the product makes. Who cares?
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      Hot? Darlin', you need to visit the eye doctor, because your prescription isn't doing you any favors right now. Tall, dark, and handsome I'm not. More like short, dark, and goofy.
      Hotness is not entirely based on only physical beauty. And besides, you rock a pair of tights.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
        M: It used to by <Y> but they are now selling it under <X>. It is the same product, just a different name.
        OJSC: Now you listen here. I came to buy <Y>. I'm buying it. I'm Jewish, got it, Jewish and have no problem arguing until I get someone competent!
        Wow. She can argue with the bottle until it changes its name? Or does she think that she can get the retailer to change the label on the product already on the shelf? OR does this mean she can get a manager or employee to pull the product she wants out of areas of their bodies most of us do not want to discuss?

Either way, I am impressed with her powers!
        "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
        .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          Hot? Darlin', you need to visit the eye doctor, because your prescription isn't doing you any favors right now. Tall, dark, and handsome I'm not. More like short, dark, and goofy.
          But goofy is good ... handsome men have issues. Give me goofy and sincere any day.
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            Elvis can never die. He's in the music, man. His body's toast, though. The dude ain't walking around or anything. But he does live in the musical and spiritual sense. Anyone who thinks they see him working at a 7-11 needs to get back on their meds. Especially since, if he were alive today, he'd be 76, and rather than shaking his pelvis, he'd probably be in need of pelvis replacement surgery.
            Actually according to the Sookie Stackhouse Southern Vampire series Elvis is a vampire named Bubba now....and he's realllly dumb and likes cat's blood
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              I believe the woman's point was something along the lines of this:

"Since I'm Jewish, you should know that I am smart enough to not be ripped off by the average thieving merchant, as we are a wise and thrifty lot who pay attention to our money."
              I pulled exactly this, once, nearly verbatim, on a sucky merchant. He started it, though.

I was in England in about January of 1992, and stopped at a bank kiosk to get some money. Now at that time, the Cirrus network wasn't yet online, and my ATM card didn't even work at most ATMs outside New York State, let alone outside the country, so I went to try and get a cash advance on a credit card so I could have some folding money in my wallet. I asked the guy how much it would cost, and when I heard how much the fee was (not even what my card would charge me, but how much his company would take right up front), I decided (politely) to pass.

Him: "Oh I knew you wouldn't go for it, you cheap Jew."

Me: "It's not a matter of cheapness, it's simply brains. We Jews are smarter than you Gentiles, that's all... we're too smart to waste our money like that."

Him: "Yeah? How so?"

[On reflection, I get the feeling that my answer to him was way over the line into fratching, so I won't post it here. Suffice it to say I burned him.]

OK, maybe that wasn't the smartest thing to say right then, but there was a layer of bulletproof glass between me and him, so I was able to get away unscathed...

Regarding the OP's OJSC: There's a concept called "Chillul Hashem", literally "Desecration of the Name". This means behaving in a way that disgraces the Jewish people as a whole, and is regarded as the worst possible sin, even above the Big Three (murder, adultery, idolatry). One of the tenets of our faith is that we are God's Chosen People, and when we act like this customer, we bring shame upon our People, and thereby upon the One Who chose us. I haven't run across many like her, and thank God for that, but unfortunately each group has its bad apples.

Comment

habla se jester: Tall, dark, and handsome I'm not. More like short, dark, and goofy.
                this reminds me of what robin williams said in 'mrs. doubtfire' to sally field: 'oh darling, i prefer them short, funny and furry, meself.'

lol. yes, there's more to beauty than just the eye sees; if there's nothing inside, it's just a pretty package, good for naught but being shiny and the like.
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                  Actually according to the Sookie Stackhouse Southern Vampire series Elvis is a vampire named Bubba now....and he's realllly dumb and likes cat's blood
                  Yeah... That's what happens when ya let 'em sit too long before turning 'em...

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Okay, since this thread has went down the drain and into the sewer when it should have went to Fratching, it's now closed.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                    X