X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth EricKei View Post
    Theaters check ID for R-Rated moviegoers over 12 now? o_O

And wait, the dad sued the theater because HE allowed his son go see the movie, and apparently had not impressed upon the son that he was not to see R movies... >_< Makes perfect sense to me...
    Probably wasn't aware that the son was seeing an R-rated movie.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
      Probably wasn't aware that the son was seeing an R-rated movie.
      This. You see, your honor, not only was I not aware my son was seeing an R-rated movie, I had expressly FORBIDDEN him to leave the house while my wife & I were conducting our weekly religious ... ummmm stuff. Therefore it's the theater's fault, cause they pulled him out of our house, forced him to buy the ticket, and chained him to the seat to make him watch it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
        The agent looks at the check and sees that it had been made out to a couple. On questioning, the man claimed that his name was actually "John And Mary Smith", because his mother had been expecting twins but he was the only one born, so they gave him both names.
        The thing is... now, Mr. Grype and I don't have a joint account with cheques, so I don't know what the chequing would look like... but if you have a joint account with both names on the cheques, doesn't that mean either spouse could write a check on it? Couldn't he say he was John Smith and get away with it? Or would Mary have to sign it too?

Comment

In a joint account, the normal thing is such that either person can write/cash a cheque on their own.

Checks that require two signatures will actually have 2 sig lines on the face, and usually some note on there stating that they are both required for validity.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

However, if your answer when asked about it is, "My name is 'John and Mary Smith,'" then you fail hard.

Most of us would respond, "Yeah, it's a joint account," and present ID if asked to prove that we are the relevant spouse.
            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Caractacus_Potts View Post
              Many years ago I heard a story about a temp in the IRS mailroom that had stolen a bunch of checks and cashed them by altering the Pay To section and getting a fake ID...

IRS

I.R.Sheppard
              Yeah we have a similar legend in the UK about a law firm accountant who banked all the Stamp Duty cheques that were made out to Inland Revenue (and with an account of Ian Revenue or something?). Took quite a while before it was noticed.
              I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth Caractacus_Potts View Post
                Many years ago I heard a story about a temp in the IRS mailroom that had stolen a bunch of checks and cashed them by altering the Pay To section and getting a fake ID...

IRS

I.R.Stupid
                Corrected for truthiness.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                  ...a man comes into a check-cashing place and tries to cash a check, claiming it was his. The agent looks at the check and sees that it had been made out to a couple. On questioning, the man claimed that his name was actually "John And Mary Smith"...
                  Quoth Flying Grype View Post
                  ...if you have a joint account with both names on the cheques, doesn't that mean either spouse could write a check on it? Couldn't he say he was John Smith and get away with it? Or would Mary have to sign it too?
                  The check was from a third party, made out to the couple. In that case, both signatures are required for the endorsement. If the check had been from a joint account, the Mr. Smith could have written it to the check cashing company and his signature alone (with proper ID) would be sufficient.
                  Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
                  X