Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry this happened to you, SGA. I would have gone into breakdown mode as well. I think Pederson's suggestions are excellent.
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Hey, don't worry guys, I did buy some Ghiradelly dark caramel squares and Little Debbie Nutty Bars after I got off

Out of morbid curiosity, when I came in this morning I looked up the daughter's name in our system (I remember it because the stupid bitch mother screamed it at me at least three times "Do you know my daughter, DO YOU?!!?! Do you know _____ DO YOU?!") And GUESS WHAT GUYS? She's twenty. I told the pharmacist and he said he was going over his papers and despite what we're told about third party sales, it does actually seem like we're allowed to sell to people who state they are buying it for someone else. I'm so confused. But he said not to worry about it because what's done is done, and he authorized it to prevent it from going to the store and district managers which would put his job and pharmacy license at risk.

But it's like you all said, it's not the law or store rules being broken that even bothered me, misunderstandings or not. It's the fact that she lied to the manager and then had the gall to say I was the one telling lies and being rude and mean. It's true that the squeakiest wheel gets oiled and it never fails to piss me off at least a little bit.

Fortunately today was much better. I got a bad feeling when two elderly gentleman began yelling at each other about cutting line this morning, but that turned out to just be comical. The guy who'd been waiting in line before we even opened ended up victorious. "I dunno what that guy's problem is, he sure did get mad at me! All I did was tell him he needed to get in the line behind me and he stormed off." Gods, I wish more people would chew out line-cutters, it's hilarious and they deserve it anyways. Also later, an other old guy came up to ask a question. He had a hose nozzle in his hand. I had a telxon (scanner) in mine.

OM: "Draw!"

SGA: "Mine has a laser!"

OM: "Aww, man, I'm beat."

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Quoth ShinyGreenApple View Post
        OM: "Draw!"

SGA: "Mine has a laser!"

OM: "Aww, man, I'm beat."

sorry about the horrible woman in the OP. Could just be cynical, twisted ole' me but sounds more like she's supporting her (or her daughter's) drug dependency than worried about the sniffles (or does Sudafed not contain that stuff anymore?)
        ... *shrugs* just my $0.02c
        Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
        What's the difference?
        We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Ugh, what a fucking douche-waffle.

My mom's bought Sudafed for me. Except...as odd as it may sound...I was there with her!
          "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
          "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
          Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Turns out she was talking about our super wonderful manager.
            The manager who's not in control of the pharmacy? Is giving out medication advice?

It sounds like he needs a good talking to about what is and isn't in his jurisdiction.

He sounds like he's in a typical manager mode of "getting everything sorted out HIS way" even if it doesn't match up with what has to be done or what is the law.

Comment

That's not how I read that post at all! The 'super wonderful manager' actually was super and wonderful, and was just answering a straightforward question. The SC simply decided that it wasn't the answer she wanted.

Comment

Yes, I'm sorry. The 'super wonderful manager', I mentioned is our Pharmacy manager, who wasn't working that day. And he's a licensed pharmacist, so I imagine he knows a thing or two about how to treat jock itch. He is not stupid nor rude, as people have complained to us. Apparently 'stupid' means he recommended a foot care item for the jock itch, and 'rude', well, that was the time he asked a customer to please step back as she was practically breathing down the neck of the elderly customer in front of her to the point she could see and hear all her personal information. I <3 our manager, and for as much as we pick on him for being a little disorganized, he's the kind you like to work for. He's actually flown to HQ this week for an award being presented to him. Guaranteed if he'd been working when this happened, it never would have been elevated. But since the Rph on duty doesn't have managerial authority, it went to a store Co-Manager instead, who still, has no fucking business in the pharmacy. We're a different division altogether.

Comment

**Update**

Our pharmacy manager got back from his trip to HQ and I asked him today about what happened last week. He said he'd been meaning to talk to me about it anyways and said that I did absolutely nothing wrong and was completely within company policy, and FEDERAL LAW by trying to refuse the sale. He said I will not get in trouble for doing the sale since I was pretty much ordered to do so.

He also said that it never should have gotten that far, would NOT have gotten that far if he'd been there, and then he wanted to know the Co-Manager's name who bullied me and the other pharmacist into bending over for this lady, because he's going to have a nice long chat with our store manager about the issue. Co-Manager had no business ordering pharmacy employees around since we're a different division than the rest of the store, and that if this happens again, we're to completely refuse the sale and tell them they're welcome to call and speak with Pharmacy Manager next time he's in. I can't wait to hear what store manager will think of this, he's usually pretty fair, albeit anal like most managers.

Comment

Good to hear you aren't getting in trouble for this.
                    New England Patirots... FIVE TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!
                    New England Revolution... Will win MLS Cup one day.

Comment

$3.12? That would cost $10-$12 dollars up here. Although generic might cost $6-8. And we don't have laws against it, either.

Comment

Working...
                      X