X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Jester Thanks Mooncat. Heck, thanks everyone for the kind words n_n

Comment

Best of luck to you in your voyage through USCIS/Immigration.

Just celebrated my 2nd anniversary of marriage with my wife, who is French, and I know what "fun" those people can be. If you have any questions, you can PM me.

I brought her in under a K-1 Fiancee visa, which was surprisingly "painless" to get, as long as you go over your paperwork with a fine toothed comb 10 times, and show PLENTY of supporting documentation. We sent photos, emails, plane itineraries, copies of tickets, and the coup de grace, a detailed line by line accounting of EVERY single phone call we made to each other over an 18 month period.

600 hours of phone convos, all right there - thank you Vonage! (Probably has saved us $4,000+ in phone bills)

We are going through the process of getting the provisional status removed from her "green" (which is actually beige/pink/peach) card, which is standard after 2 years of marriage. It is much easier this time around, and slightly less expensive - so far we've:

K-1 Visa paperwork - $500ish
      Application for provisional Green Card - $1000
      Remove provisional status - $590
      Plus 2-3 rounds of embassy fees, biometrics (fingerprints/photos), etc - $200ish

Then in 3 years, she can get citizenship.

Comment

Quoth EyeTeaGuy View Post
        Just celebrated my 2nd anniversary of marriage with my wife, who is French, and I know what "fun" those people can be. If you have any questions, you can PM me.

I brought her in under a K-1 Fiancee visa, which was surprisingly "painless" to get, as long as you go over your paperwork with a fine toothed comb 10 times, and show PLENTY of supporting documentation.
        It isn't easy, as I know from being engaged to The Brit. (God, I miss her. *sigh*)

But I had an advantage that most don't or can't have....one of my oldest, dearest friends was a lawyer for Immigration at the time. And she didn't just work for them...her job was to bust up "green card marriages." She'd go over cases of foreigners marrying Americans, looking for fraudulent marriages, going through cases that were suspected of being bogus. And I'd known her since the 10th grade! Basically, I had the opposing team's playbook. She unquestionably saved us thousands of dollars in legal advice, something I can never repay her for, and will always be in debt to her for.

I can probably help also, if you need advice.

Hint: every picture of the two of you together really is worth a thousand words.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

she doesn't say anything rude and she's very civil.
          I'm thinking she caught hell for what she said to you, either from Bear directly, or from the loss of his friendship.

(or hoping?)

Comment

Working...
          X