Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could be giving too much of the benefit of the doubt here but I didn't see the parents themselves as being overly sucky... Kids, even the greatest, can still be absolute little snots. And my thoughts about the dad in the first example was that maybe he only gets part-time custody of the kids? *shrugs*
    My daughter's usually very well behaved in public, and if/when she's running around shrieking it's usually because I'm chasing her with something
    But it's awful hard to remember that kids don't come with mute buttons. And it's hard to discipline them when you're out & about. Just my 2cents of course...
    Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
    What's the difference?
    We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Yes, kids certainly can be bratty...even my brother and I were on occasion. But my dad wouldn't have hesitated for a second to take us outside and that probably would have been enough to scare us into keeping our mouths shut and our butts glued to our chairs until it was time to leave.
      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth Kisa
        Awwee! That's so much! And by older I ment "older than me" not "old fart" lol
        Personally I don't mind being older than you. I hope to keep on being older than you for many years. My personal goal is to be retired longer than I worked.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth ShootMePlease View Post
          Most of us here would have been knocked into next week had we acted like that. Because our parents didn't tolerate our bullshit.
          There's a reason I often refer to my father as "The Ogre." With love.

We were scared shitless of the man, who really wasn't that much bigger than I am now. And I am hardly an imposing figure.

But part of him seems to have gotten down to me, as exemplified by how many of my nieces' dates were scared shitless of me. Even if they were bigger than me, as most were.

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
          I prefer to subscribe to the belief that you're only as old as you let yourself feel.
          Noted.

Quoth Caractacus_Potts View Post
          I predict she will be a drop out drug addict by the time she is 16 (unless she seriously hurts or kills someone and winds up in juvy or jail).
          Probably pregnant, too.

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
          I have two of my own so far, both girls, age 4.5 and 2. Neither acts up like this in fast food places, nor do they misbehave in grocery stores either. They've learned very quickly that Mommy will not tolerate such behavior...
          YOU are a great parent, pure and simple. And to you and your SO, I bow in awe.

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
          Happy birthday to you, Jester. I shall drink a beer in your honor this evening. I'd invite you over for one, but you're 1200 miles away from me.
          Well, get your ass (and your liver) down here, then!

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
          Yes, kids certainly can be bratty...even my brother and I were on occasion. But my dad wouldn't have hesitated for a second to take us outside and that probably would have been enough to scare us into keeping our mouths shut and our butts glued to our chairs until it was time to leave.
          Of my two sisters and myself, I was the good one. I was the quiet one.

Think about that for just a moment.

Yeah. Scary, isn't it?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
            Jester!
            Happy Day The Earth Was Graced With Your Presence!
            Remember to catch his stand-up comedy act: Jester: Tip Your Bar-God 20%.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              Well, get your ass (and your liver) down here, then!
              After drinking two large beers? Well, since I've been formally invited.

[To Mrs. IA] Honey, guess where we've been invited...
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

same here; though little devil i was growing up, when mom told us 'no' or 'stop,' we did it.

hey, i'm 43 and i feel great...someone thought i was too young to have an 18 yr old son a few days back; he thought i was about 32!
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

By the time I was 13 my dad was half my size, and my mom less then that. Even today when they are even less then half my size..if they ask (they don't tell me any more) me to do something..I do it. My dad did scare me growing up, worked in timber all his life..now days it is about respect.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    YOU are a great parent, pure and simple. And to you and your SO, I bow in awe.

Aww, thanks, Jester. We try. I'm not sure we succeed all the time, but we try. Oldest usually gives us the most grief at home, so at least when she does have her misbehaving moments, we're the only ones who have to deal with it.
                    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth PatchO'Black View Post
                      Remember to catch his stand-up comedy act: Jester: Tip Your Bar-God 20%.
                      40%. Get it right.

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      After drinking two large beers? Well, since I've been formally invited.

[To Mrs. IA] Honey, guess where we've been invited...
                      I am constantly inviting ALL of CS to my damn island. Only a few of you have taken me up on it.

Where you'll STAY, however, is your problem. I've only invited a couple (dozen) or so to share my bed. They know who they are. (And yes, Raps was one of them, but that's just because he's so damn cuddly!)

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        I've only invited a couple (dozen) or so to share my bed.
                        *note to self* when/if I venture to the island, take sunblock and my hammock
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Damn it, Becks! You were one of the ones invited to share my bed....er, uh, sleep on my couch. Yeah, that's it. My couch. The same one that ate my glasses. Which I still haven't found. Anywhere.

I've recently discovered that it's damn hard to be flirtatious when you're missing something important. Like, say, your glasses.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Yay!! Couch of Mystery!!
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                              Yay!! Couch of Mystery!!
                              Heh, when we moved the couch out of one of my gaming group's long-time meeting places, we shook almost a hundred polyhedral dice out of it. We figure it was hording them for food.
                              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                                Especially clean shaven. Damn, I look young again without the goatee!
                                Aw. I like how you look with the goatee. *pouts*

Quoth Caractacus_Potts View Post
                                He doesn't abuse the kids; I think he rarely even acknowledges their existence.
                                Just because he's not hitting or yelling at them does not mean he's not abusing them. >_<

^-.-^
                                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                                X