This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Left My Baby in the Car So Hurry Up with MY WIC Order

Yesterday, a customer came up with a bunch of baby jars and a WIC check with WIC ID. She wanted to know where the restroom was so I told her and she left her items with me. Since there was only 1 other register open, I put her items to the side so I could ring up other customers until she came back. When she did, I let her know that I put her items aside since I didn't know how long she'd be, and she told me that she said she'd be right back.

I rang up her baby food jars but I wasn't sure if some of the jars were WIC since it wasn't showing on the screen. I was looking it up in the booklet and the customer had me hurry up since she had a baby waiting in the car so I rushed through the rest of her order. She wasn't happy about that so I reminded her about her baby in the car and that she wanted me to hurry. She told me that the way I hurried wasn't the right way and that it ignorant and something else I can't remember. She accused me of throwing the food which I wasn't doing and threatened to never shop at that particular location again. She even went to the service desk to complain about me.

The next customer told me not to worry about that customer. She let me know that I did everything that I was supposed to.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

I think she might have pulled that line to make you go faster, as most of us might have if we thought a baby was left in a car in this heat. Oh hai, CPS! How nice of you to be dropping in . . .
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Hmmm...

I suggest as a response to "Hurry up, I have a baby in my car!" is to say (in a concerned tone) "Oh my! That could be trouble, not only for the baby but for you as it is illegal! I'll put these to the side while you go out and get your child."

Any bets that the "mother" will refuse such a kind offer?...I didn't think so.

Comment

She even went to the service desk to complain about me.
        I doubt it but... I wish they could have taken down her name and address with the complaint...

so that they could give it to the police.

Mom came upon a man doing that once. He went into a store for a quick item leaving his baby in the car. She waited by the car and gave him an earful when he came out. This was back in the 70s or 80s though... he started to say, "It was just for a minute," but mom wouldn't hear any of it and reminded him that it's his BABY.

It ended with him saying, "You're right," cos he knew she was.

and she told me that if he'd been a long time she wouldn't have bothered waiting... she'd have called the cops.

Comment

It's been pretty hot the past week or so here in the land of the Mitten, so I would have immediately called a manager and/or the cops when she mentioned the baby. Someone who pulls this sort of crap won't have to worry about the WIC list much longer... hopefully because CPS takes the kid away and not the other possible outcome from that sort of thing. I'm pretty sure it's even hotter in your neck of the woods. Only possible excuse is if hubby/bf/other responsible party is sitting in the car with the kid, and the car is running with the AC on. Of course, then it is no longer a reason to rush you.

Comment

Quoth ShinyGreenApple View Post
            I think she might have pulled that line to make you go faster, as most of us might have if we thought a baby was left in a car in this heat. Oh hai, CPS! How nice of you to be dropping in . . .
            Especially when things like this happen.....(warning - very distressing)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13493266
            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

. Someone who pulls this sort of crap won't have to worry about the WIC list much longer...
              I was thinking the same thing... but more along the lines of the article you linked to rather than CPS...

Comment

Working...
              X