Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sounds to me like talking to the boss would only make things worse. "Let me get this straight. The employee that we let go yesterday for taking a personal call at work made a harassing phone call to you, blaming you for the fact that she'd provided you with her work number and you used it? Man, we couldn't cut that bee-yo loose soon enough..."

Really, I can't see that making it any better...

Comment

And supposing that the SC provided her work number, would she get in trouble for explaining that this is not a good time to call?
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
        Unless it was a cell number, why did she have her work number as a contact? That's just stupid to do.
        this right here is what I have a BIG problem wrapping my head around. why would someone knowingly put their WORK number as a primary contact number but KNOW (I assume yeah there is a little faith left somewhere its hiding wasaayyyyy in the back of my brain) that "personal" calls are not allowed on work phones.

more than meets the EYE here. I would bet money that AquaGirl company's calls were just the tip of the iceberg
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Betweenshades View Post
          I have a strange feeling that was far from the only reason she got fired.
          LOL very accurate insight I'm sure
          Part Angel Part Sadist

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
            this right here is what I have a BIG problem wrapping my head around. why would someone knowingly put their WORK number as a primary contact number but KNOW (I assume yeah there is a little faith left somewhere its hiding wasaayyyyy in the back of my brain) that "personal" calls are not allowed on work phones.

more than meets the EYE here. I would bet money that AquaGirl company's calls were just the tip of the iceberg
            I have decided we might be making some assumptions because I have filled out lots of paper work that asks for home work cell numbers and many people put all of them down without thinking that they might get called if they can't reach you on your other numbers, so now I make it a point to not list any number I don't want a call on, as I work in a C-store unless it is for a job app or something gov related where their needs to be a number I don't put a work # down.
            I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

I'll take her cats! *EG* If hubby would allow it... ;-)

Comment

Quoth underemployeed View Post
                I have decided we might be making some assumptions because I have filled out lots of paper work that asks for home work cell numbers and many people put all of them down without thinking that they might get called if they can't reach you on your other numbers, so now I make it a point to not list any number I don't want a call on, as I work in a C-store unless it is for a job app or something gov related where their needs to be a number I don't put a work # down.
                While that os true, a) she was a longtime customer. These calls are not something we started recently and b) if this was an issue I would assume she would have asked us to stop calling pr have chosen the option on the automated message to opt out of them. The problem is, years ago we dodnt do these calls and everyone complained. Now we do and-everyone complains. Sigh

Comment

Maybe she gave her cell phone as her home number, and her company doesn't allow cell phones on the floor during work hours. So after being coached for making too many calls, her phone rings, she answers it...

I had this thought in a Sears the other day when I saw an otherwise idle salesclerk talking on her cell phone. A manager said, "<Name> (I forget the name), can I speak to you in my office please?" And I swear, the clerk said, "Just a minute," and went back to her phone call. I will never cease to be amazed at how oblivious some people can be to their surroundings when they have a telephone pressed against their face.

Comment

I've been in management, and the issue is NEVER something as simple as that, unless she has a history of personal calls while on the job.

Comment

Working...
                    X