Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey I thought I was the only person skilled enough to trip UP stairs. Takes talent and dedication. As for doors, they don't even have to be transparent for me to walk into them. I've collided with so many doors, that I could probably build a complete house (two story) with them all.

*whistling or talking to somebody else when BAM, door*
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I tripped.

Over a box of cookies.

The scaffolding stopped my fall.

With my arm.

.............I don't remember if it hurt or not, I do remember finding it funny as hell though.
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I once tripped over a hand cart and hit my head on the edge of a table. I got 11 stictches in my left eyebrow. I looked like a pirate. I don't recall getting accusing remarks about it. Not that anyone is going to accuse you of anything when you look like a pirate.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

yay I am not the only klutz. I have more scars on me then I know what to do with. I don't run into things but trip over flat ground. Or burn myself.

Went camping once, and we were using our portable waffle iron, basicly the plates from a waffle iron on sticks. So hubby was making me waffles and was holding the iron out for me to take the waffle. Yeah I reached over the very hot plates and burned my arm. Yes i have have a waffle shaped scar on my arm. If we go anywhere on vacation everyone tells me not to come back with any injuries or new scars
          Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

I'm not especially clumsy, but one time some 25 years ago I had just finished a driving lesson when I was closing the car door & caught my finger in it.
            The fun part was that I'd not closed it all the way, & wouldn't open or close without completing it's journey - to that end I just said "Oh $hit" & closed it fully.
            Naturally this meant the door could be opened for me to remove my (now mashed-up) finger, so much so that I ended up losing that nail for a while.
            Did it hurt? It did, a lot, but I was now free of the car.

Comment

My youngest looks like we've been beating her, she drew all over herself yesterday with a dark green texta. After her shower, it had faded in such a way that it looks like a bad shiner and a handprint around her throat. Thankfully, we get her babysat when we do the shopping, I would not like to explain it to concerned strangers while grocery shopping tonight.

I've fallen up stairs (torn left shoulder + sprained knee), headbutted the rangehood, fallen down the stairs with a bub sleeping in my arms (she slept through it, I hurt my back), almost broke my neck twice at gymnastics (landing wrong, vertabrae visibly out of alignment - by the time we got to the hospital, it had fixed itself both times) and many other accidents. I'm known for breaking my toes, it's a running joke now. I've accidentally chopped a chunk out of my foot by having it under the edge of a chair that I then sat on. Rugz accidentally injured me ONCE, he opened a door that I was standing behind and the metal edge chopped off the side of my pinky toe. He almost passed out from all the blood.

Last but not least: I'm the kid your mum warned you about. That's right, I cracked my head open after rocking on my chair. I was 5, it took 2 nurses, a doctor and a very pregnant mother to hold me down so that another doctor could stitch it closed. That's why, when I did it again a few years later, my mother didn't take me to the doctors and just let it heal on it's own.
              Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                Hey I thought I was the only person skilled enough to trip UP stairs. Takes talent and dedication.
                Actually, it's pretty damned easy if you're me.

In my 26 years of life, I've tripped going up the stairs at least 2 dozen times. Times tripped going down the stairs? A big, fat zero.

It's so bad that I have to watch my feet as I go upstairs and go at a slow pace, because otherwise I'll end up tripping, guaranteed. (Of course, I still manage to trip sometimes anyway. *sigh*)

However, if I'm going down the stairs, I can race down them as fast as I please without worry and without having to watch my feet. Figure that out.
                my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
                it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

I suppose I'm lucky in that I don't have any major scars from big accidents or clumsiness or klutziness.

Worst accidents I had were the time I tripped at a Hechinger's and split my lip on a wooden hobby horse (still have the scar from the stitches I got), and the bike accident I had when I went head-first off a fishing bridge at a lake and hit my head on a rock. I had a helmet and the worst that happened was I came within an eyelash of separating my shoulder and had my arm in a sling for a week.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I've managed to only trip on stairs about half a dozen times. Evenly divided between up and down. Thankfully, I never did more than sprain my (easily-sprained) ankle on one of the down ones. Though on another down trip I came within about an inch of whacking my face into the edge of a brick planter. That would have been messy and painful. But I seem to have a natural affinity for reacting in just the right sort of way to achieve minimal injury.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth shankyknitter View Post
                      Try having social services called to talk to you by a well meaning boss. I admit my bruises looked bad, they looked like some grabbed my upper arms and shook me, and I was limping. However I explained my hobby to my boss (I was a heavy fighter in the SCA at the time, I had armor bite and I took a shot on my hip from a warhammer), I showed her video on youtube and she didn't believe me. Next thing I know I'm explaining to the nice social worker that no my boyfriend doesn't beat me, well he does but only when we're both in armor and I'm trying to hit him back, and it really wasn't his fault I didn't block the shot to my hip fast enough and...

Yeah. Ends badly.
                      This happens with fencing as well, not enough armor some times, particuarly when you have a terrible habit of letting your pinkie finger slip out. The nurse didn't get in until 3rd period that day, and there was a sub who was freaking out about my nicely colored and oddly shaped finger.
                      We also had to state a policy where anyone under 15 in our group had to get a signed form explaining to teachers that they were in fencing after one girl had a well meaning Gym Teacher call the CPA when she saw the bruising. (we're glad that she did but it was still problematic for parents)
                      Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
                      Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
                      -Unknown Author

Comment

Did I ever post that I broke my arm when the chair I was dancing on tipped over?
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                          Hey I thought I was the only person skilled enough to trip UP stairs. Takes talent and dedication.
                          I have that skill too! Broke my knee cap that way, beton stairs, my knee hit the edge... ouch...
                          No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

I trip up stairs, down stairs, I fall randomly over my own feet. My friends don't notice any more, I fall over, pick myself up and they've carried on walking. It's just something I do. I mean I fell off a coach once, a school coach I used twice a day for (at that point) 4 years, and I missed 2 steps and hit the pavement.

I've woken up with random a black eye before, explaining "Well I think I did it to myself, in my sleep" doesn't go over well. Hopefully they do beleive me when I say I'm single.
                            "So you think they named this ship the "Chimera" because there's a monster on board?" Tony DiNozzo

"They did not name it the puppy" Ziva David - NCIS, Chimera

Comment

Working...
                            X