This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid lady complains about donating to charity

While walking and talking with my manager, a customer comes up and interrupts us with this stupid bullshit.
    SC: Excuse me, those people outside collecting money, they shouldn't be doing that.
    M: Why not?
    SC: They're not in the military. They shouldn't be impersonating soldiers who are out there dying for our country.
    M: Maam, they are collecting for (whatever military organization they represent).
    SC: I don't care! I think its ridiculous!
    Before the manager can respond, she walks away. We both look at each other and chuckle.
    My god, what a loser. How the hell can customers complain over that? We are collecting for charity, you stupid bitch. Who the fuck cares if they are in the military or not. Thing is, I was told they actually are in the military
    But seriously, complaining over something as stupid as that? She's not receiving bad customer service because of these people standing there, so what the hell? I guess some customers just have to always find something to complain about?

Quoth BowserKoopa1 View Post
    I guess some customers just have to always find something to complain about?
    There are people who live for the grievance. I know firsthand as about half my in-laws only seem 'happy' when they have something to complain about...or as my dad would colorfully put it: They'e bitch if they were being hanged with a new rope.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
      They'e bitch if they were being hanged with a new rope.
      To be fair, so would I. If I'm going to be hanged I want it done right. New rope stretches, which means you usually wind up slowly choking to death. A proper hanging snaps your neck!
      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
        To be fair, so would I. If I'm going to be hanged I want it done right. New rope stretches, which means you usually wind up slowly choking to death. A proper hanging snaps your neck!
        omg lol
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I always go with, I would bitch with a new rope because it doesn't change the fact your still hanging me!!!!!!

I tend to ignore the people collecting money at the stores if I don't want to donate. Same goes for homeless people (except at Christmas, I did drive down the street handing out cheeseburgers)
          I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

I don't want to know how you know this.
            my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
            it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

New rope stretches, which means you usually wind up slowly choking to death. A proper hanging snaps your neck!
              ***cue streaming star and theme music*** The More You Know...

Bonus points for using the correct word, too...Not many people seem to know that it is, indeed, "hanged", not "hung", when referring to "...by the neck until dead"

As for how AC knew this ...? Well, consider what site we're on. We've all dreamed about something like this at one point or another, even though we'd never DO anything harmful in real life. Why not educate oneself on matters like these?
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I think my version which is "People would bitch if gas were a penny a gallon" works better because yes...there are people that would complain that it was a penny too much!
                "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Here's a quick-start guide for everyone!

http://www.capitalpunishmentuk.org/hanging2.html

Course, just about all you need to know you learn from watching old Westerns!
                  "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

As long as people collecting for a charity are not pushy they don't bother me at all...they're just trying to do good for the disadvantaged. In fact, I help them out wherever I can. How sad that someone finds this inappropriate and wants to get the collectors banned.
                    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
                      As long as people collecting for a charity are not pushy they don't bother me at all...they're just trying to do good for the disadvantaged. In fact, I help them out wherever I can. How sad that someone finds this inappropriate and wants to get the collectors banned.
                      This. I would've been happy to make a donation to those people.
                      Last edited by Dips; 07-08-2011, 10:21 AM. Reason: removed fratching content
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                        ***cue streaming star and theme music*** The More You Know...

Bonus points for using the correct word, too...Not many people seem to know that it is, indeed, "hanged", not "hung", when referring to "...by the neck until dead"
                        Yes! Yes! I'm SO glad someone pointed out that fact!

Mel Brooks lampooned the incorrect grammar so well in Blazing Saddles:

"They said you was hung!"

"And they was right!"

Comment

well i am a bit curious what they were wearing now. ... if it was a military uniform or just military-support clothing (like tshirts or polos etc).

Comment

Quoth Miss Maple Leaf View Post
                            I don't want to know how you know this.
                            I read, a lot. I believe I picked up the information on new rope from Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon. I don't know where I picked up that a proper hanging snaps your neck, I just know. (More interesting hanging facts (caution - gross) If the drop is too long, you decapitate the hangee.)

Quoth EricKei View Post
                            Bonus points for using the correct word, too...Not many people seem to know that it is, indeed, "hanged", not "hung", when referring to "...by the neck until dead" :devil
                            Huh? Oh, hey, I did! Didn't even have to think about it this time.
                            The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

(More interesting hanging facts (caution - gross) If the drop is too long, you decapitate the hangee.)
                              Wow. I did not know that. That's just...wow.

I had no idea that hanging had the potential to be such a graphically violent way of executing someone. Learn something new everyday, I guess.
                              my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
                              it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

Working...
                              X