This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth zombiequeen View Post
    It's alright, I was totally figuring it out in my head too, and I know how to make it work and even have the...opening be "invisible" with a closure.
    Doesn't mean I'm going to make it though, I just have an engineering brain.
    Awright, who ordered the gopher trap?!?!
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth zombiequeen View Post
      Thanks! I've never played/really seen much of Second life, so I don't know how exactly it's influenced the genre...but my husband's introduction to furries was a CSI (I think?) episode that explained that they were all pretty much farked in the head.
      I was in that episode and most of the extras were local furs. Not only is most of it pure fantasy, but it's actually a ton better that it would have been was not one of the advisers on the set a furry himself. Needless to say, that episode spawned a lot of mockery and memes within the furry community, complete with t-shirts.

Their primary source before that was a sexpose by some dude whose only ever made a couple of those and seems to have some serious fetishes, and an article in Vanity Fair that was exclusively about plushophiles (bringing this back to relevance to the thread ), who a lot of furs tend to consider fringe, since they're less than 1% of the fandom.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Hemily View Post
        now add the episode of CSI where they go into Second Life, and add the furry episode, and you can pretty much see the impression the average person will have of either.
        CSI and most crime shows do have this annoying tendency to ...slightly exaggerate...at times. If what they had on their shows was literally correct, every video game player on the planet would have a better stockpile of guns than your average backwoods survivalist, AND be better trained on their use!

Ignore them. It's cool that you got to be part of the show, tho ^^
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
        X