This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth xaenon View Post
    You'd be surprised at how many people show up at an exercise class who aren't really there to exercise.
    I really wouldn't.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth xaenon View Post
      You'd be surprised at how many people show up at an exercise class who aren't really there to exercise.
      This reminds me of the ladies who go to the gym with full makeup and carefully coiffed hair and spend most of their time draped over the machines and admiring themselves in the mirror.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
        I park far enough away from most places so that I HAVE to walk.
        I don't, but I don't kill time trying to find the nearest parking space either. I usually park so I'm fairly near the cart corrals, actually, so I don't have to leave my kids alone in the car for long when I put the cart back. It usually equates to some amount of walking anyway.

Quoth Canarr View Post
        Am I the only one who finds that hilarious?
        Not at all. I wish we had a picture of CRML's face when saying that.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
          I usually park so I'm fairly near the cart corrals, actually, so I don't have to leave my kids alone in the car for long when I put the cart back.
          That is absolutely brilliant. Why didn't I ever think of that?

Comment

Quoth skeptic53 View Post
            No, but you can take the escalator...

Do the customers at that fitness center complain that none of the stationary bicycles are E-bikes?
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Dee33 View Post
              This reminds me of the ladies who go to the gym with full makeup and carefully coiffed hair and spend most of their time draped over the machines and admiring themselves in the mirror.
              I wasn't gonna say it specifically, but yeah....

Some of them treat a gym like it's some bizarre sort of social club. For some, it's high school revisited - you know, the little cliques of bitchy teenage girls who take great delight in cutting other people down.

Comment

This reminds me actually of the trouble my belly-dance teacher is having with her venues at the moment.

She has a couple of different classes, and at the moment, they take place in School A and School B. School B is out of my town and in the next one, so I go to the class at School A, which is about a 15-20 minute walk from my house, but unfortunately is in an impoverished area and the school has a bit of a reputation for being...well...shit. A lot of money has been injected into the school to improve it, but all the pupils still seem to be chavvy little shits with no manners or awareness of proper grammar. The school has more than one gym/sports hall, also has a theatre and a dance studio complete with mirrored wall and ballet bar.

When I first started my class a year ago, my teacher was renting out the dance studio, but she was basically "moved" into the theatre when another teacher wanted to use it for Tai Chi. The theatre is small, and has no mirror, but at least is cooler...but my teacher wasn't overly happy about it. Over the last month of two, she's been told by the school that she needs to use one of the gyms while they have functions on. Well, I suppose that is reasonable, but it is annoying as she's been effectively turfed out of her room so many times. But theres more than that...the floors are never clean (my feet are black after an hour of shimmying across those floors), the hall actually had GRASS all over it last time, and we also had a bunch of snot-nosed bad-tempered teenagers bursting in on our class. Keep in mind that this class takes place at 7pm, at least 4 hours after classes end for the day, and if the kids aren't in functions or clubs, then what the hell are they doing? Its not so bad for me, as I am the youngest in the class, but for the middle-age ladies not too comfortable with their wobbly bits, having immature teenage boys burst in and make comments while they are trying to practice is distracting for them.

So my teacher is quitting School B and moving that class to a church hall. Bit of a longer walk for me, but at least we won't have the Chav parade bursting in and making unintelligent jokes about our dance moves -_-

Comment

Working...
                X