This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
    I apologize in advance for such time as I find myself in your neck of the woods and I do the same thing. For whatever reason, that particular bit of grammatical misstep is on auto-correct in my head and I haven't found the control to turn it off before it hits my mouth.
    It's okay. I've been getting it from my mom my entire life. And she hasn't found the off button for it, and she'll be 76 next month. (Shhhh...don't tell her I told you.) Then again, I get the feeling she doesn't want to find the off button, she just wishes her children would speak correctly. Amusingly, in the family, she's the only one who didn't attend more than a semester of college. Go figger.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

If people ask me how I am, I usually go "Ok..." and stare at them.

If I said "good" and they said "well," I'd be like "that's nice. I'm sick."
      "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
      "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
      Amayis is my wifey

Comment

OH I've got all kinds of smart ass replies to that one.

"Upright and taking nourishment"
        "Fair to partly cloudy"
        "About half cooked"
        "I'm here...and nobody's dead yet"
        Meeeeoooow.....
        Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

"I'm out of bed and dressed, what more do you want?"
          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I have an interesting story with the two uses of the word "fine". When I was about 5, a couple of teenagers were at the park discussing which girls they thought were fine. I only knew "fine" to be defined as a state of well-being. I chimed in that my mom is fine. They had a good laugh at my expense.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
              I had a classmate who responded to "How're you doing?" with "Fair to middling." It's another somewhat archaic phrase.
              Yay, I'm archaic! I also like to reply with either hoopy, groovy, or claim things are going swimmingly. I've also been known to use wizard.
              Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
              At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

"Still above ground" is my favorite for messing with people's minds. Most of the time it's "alive," "I'm here," or "surviving."
                "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I've been known to respond that I'm, "Keeping on, keepin' on."

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

i told everyone today that i was having a monday...that was fun.

Comment

Quoth Sunshine View Post
                      i told everyone today that i was having a monday...that was fun.
                      Would that be "a case of the Mondays"?

(Yes, I watched Office Space again the other night.)
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I've noticed the ones that say well and like to correct people are always doing it to the ones who say good. This conversation has come up quite a few times for me. I've never heard a person who answers with good correcting a person who says well. Not all the people who say well correct people. I say I'm doing good. I have a few responses for them if they try to correct me.

When I'm just having a carefree day and someone asks me how I'm doing I might say chillin' or cool. Don't want to be bothered sometimes with the being corrected when both good and well are grammatically correct.

Comment

Working...
                        X