Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One has to wonder about the amount of time someone must have on their hands in order to complain about stupid shit like that.

Seriously - even if someone is moderately short with me in a store, I shrug it off by the time I'm out the door because I have too much else to think/worry about.

I'm sorry this is happening to you, FL. It sounds pretty hellacious.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Thanks, PG, and your point is my whole point. It's not as if we're rude. At worst, I'm silent, as in I ignore stupid comments and wait for people to figure out they need to pay attention to the cardreader. (I don't babysit adults). I know in the past people have somehow had a problem with how fast I am; I toss stuff in the bags, but not stuff that needs to be handled gently. I pull bags off the stand quickly. It kind of looks like I'm throwin' it around, but I'm not. I'm just very, very fast when I need to be.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth IStillNeedToSeeYourBadge View Post
        How do I file a complaint about our beleaguered cashier's managers so they can experience six lovely months?
        Come now. We all know that any complaint about the manager will get "reworded" before it leaves the store to make it the normal workers' fault anyway x.x
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          Speaking of Miss Bich....

A while back, when there were two of us behind the bar, ...:
          The above reminded me of this beer commercial.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Anyone remember my posts just before I got fired from Target? This sounds pretty similar. They're so ridiculous it's laughable. When I was a cashier there I would constantly get complaints. That I wasn't making eye contact, that I was glancing around at things other than the customer, "rushing" customers by trying to be speedy, being terribly rude by politely telling a customer my lane is closed when they ignored my light which was off, etc. What a joke that place was.
            Last edited by iradney; 07-23-2011, 09:03 AM. Reason: removed identifying information

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
              One has to wonder about the amount of time someone must have on their hands in order to complain about stupid shit like that.

Seriously - even if someone is moderately short with me in a store, I shrug it off by the time I'm out the door because I have too much else to think/worry about.
              That's because you and most of the people on this site are not idiots. Hell, if I bitched about everyone that wasn't giving me the Corporate Mandated Shit Eating Smile, I'd be bitching a lot. And I'm not even talking about bars in this town, were service is notoriously suspect.

Take the supermarket, for example. We have a few here, but there is only one my roommate and I go to for deli meats, because they have the best. One of the regular ladies at the deli has all the personality of a dead toad. (My apologies to any offended dead toads who may be reading this.) She never smiles, never says anything but what is absolutely necessary to complete the order, and her demeanor actually borders on unpleasant. But she gets my order right and gets me on my way without hassle, so why bitch about her?

Frankly, I would much rather have someone who is moderately unpleasant but does their job well than someone who is HAPPY TO SEE ME but doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground and can't do their job to save their lives.

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
              The above reminded me of this beer commercial.
              Hilarious! And even though I don't normally care for pilsners, I so want to try that beer now!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
              X