Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always called it soda, when referring to soft drinks in general...Jersey girl here Of course, if I want a COKE, I ask for a COKE. If they say "is Pepsi OK?" usually I'll say yes because fountain Pepsi is about the only kind I like...then again, these days I usually just order an unsweetened iced tea anyway.
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I grew up in NYC, which is definitely Soda territory. When I was 14, I went to camp/summer school in the Chicago area, which is where I first heard about Pop. If you asked for a soda there, you'd get a frappe, or something of the kind. There was a fellow there (hell, why can I remember his Ham call sign when I can't remember his name???) from Texas; where he came from, asking for a Soda got you Alka-Seltzer...

(It's "pop" in Buffalo as well. They consider themselves the easternmost part of the Midwest.)

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
        (It's "pop" in Buffalo as well. They consider themselves the easternmost part of the Midwest.)
        Amusingly, Phoenix is often referred to as the West-most Midwestern town.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
          Yes, I have a friend who lives in Buffalo and when I speak to her on the phone it's funny how Midwestern she sounds, compared to my friends and family in southern NY state.
          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I grew up (at least until age 11) in Texas, and back then it was all called Coke. You would order a Coke and they would say "what kind?" Then you would say Coke or Dr. Pepper or Pepsi, whatever. It took me forever to learn to say soda if I didn't want a Coke!

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              Writing to you from "hardcore coke" country here, as well...Where "Pepsi" is a valid response to the question "What kind of coke would you like today?"
              Ever had the temptation to be a jackass and answer "metallurgical grade"?
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                Ever had the temptation to be a jackass and answer "metallurgical grade"?
                You have no idea. It's just that most people would have no clue what I meant, nor that I was discussing "small c" coke rather than the soft drink ^_^
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                X