Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The existence of oatmeal cookies is all the proof I need that molasses makes *almost* everything better. Except bacon. Bacon makes everything better, so molasses cannot improve upon it. *noms on a handy Bacon Explosion*

note - I can't stand oatmeal that is not in cookie form. QED.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Regarding molasses, I have to brag. I have a bottle of blackstrap sugar cane molasses that was bottled by a great-uncle about 50 years ago. It's about half full. I use it when making treats like gingerbread.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Wow! Look at this topic drift! I'll go with the flow, though....

I know this is all in fun, but I suppose someone should point out that, in general, there is nothing out there that universally "tastes good". There are, of course, several things that a majority of folks enjoy, of course.

This whole business reminds me of a story arc in the webcomic Sluggy Freelance, where they tried to find the Ultimate Axiom of Food Perfection. It started with bacon...

Comment

All this talk of molasses, I just had to let those of you who didn't already know about how molasses killed 21 people in Boston, back in 1919.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Miss Maple Leaf View Post
            First RetailWorkhorse, and now you. I think I might be starting a food trend here.

Well, while I haven't personally tried it, I've seen people say online that it's pretty tasty. One of the members of Chameleon Circuit evens mentions in one of their songs that it tastes good. So with 11, who knows what he would have preferred?
            You're missing out if you haven't actually seen the video where Charlie ate it. Lucky for you I have a link.
            Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

Quoth RedRoseSpiral View Post
              You're missing out if you haven't actually seen the video where Charlie ate it. Lucky for you I have a link.
              Thanks for the link. I hadn't seen that video yet. *watches it*

Okay, that was pretty cool. I loved the look on his face when Fish Custard went from being tasty to being 'eugh!'. I know that experience well through other food combinations.

And Andara, I already knew about the molasses incident in Boston. Just more proof that molasses is evil stuff. It's almost as bad as mayonnaise.

(And I'm sure some of you remember just how strongly I feel about that stuff. )
              my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
              it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

Any food can kill people, if it is not handled correctly, or if it gets contaminated, etc.

ANY food.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                X