This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
    Banhammer: (Combination of ban and hammer; A tool applied to a SC to permanently and irrecoverably ban an SC from a place of business. See also.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
      Truth is stranger than fiction. Why did SC want a bag for an ottoman in the first place?
      To be fair, it was December and there was a chance of snow in the forecast. There always is in December around here.

As for SLSC, it was her second entrance into the story that was the problem. I do appreciate her backing us up, but the second time around she was aggravating what was already a bad situation.

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
        And what reason is that ?
        "Because it's there"?
        When I was cashiering, I would often get asked for a bag for an item that was really too large to bag, or at least a "paid" sticker (which we didn't have), by customers buying oversized items. Every last one of them was afraid that the greeter would think they'd stolen the item if it wasn't marked as paid somehow. Every single time, I had to point out that the customer would (hopefully) have the receipt, and so if the greeter thought they hadn't paid, they could just show said receipt and all would be well.

So my guess would be that SC wanted the bag to indicate that the ottoman was paid for, nevermind that stores really don't have bags designed to cover four-foot ottomans.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          For the same reason my customers want me to use 2 medium bags for a 12-pack of soda, one bag on each end.
          The people that walk and/or ride the bus want bagged soda. I guess it's easier to carry, but I'd think it would be akward either way.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Hmmm...guess I better watch the snarky comments I make to SCs in line at Wally World in the future...I really don't want to get banhammered from there (Seriously, it only happened one time, but the guy was being a total douche and I called him out on it.)
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Hm. Wants an ottoman in a bag.

...wants an ottoman...in a bag.

??

An ottoman in a bag.

Sorry, my brain just broke.

Unless: Now it all makes sense!

...I'll be over here.

Comment

Working...
              X