This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Teskeria View Post
    Make Mustard Boy bring his own mustard. Take a sharpie and write his name on it, and nobody else touches it. then he can happily overdose on mustard without costing his friends a lot of cash.

Yea I wish. He's the type that would take offense since he'd let you use his condiments without complaining. When he does come over I just say I don't have any mustard.

Comment

Heh. Send Mustard Boy over here. I don't use the stuff, but I keep some around (of the creole variety) for friends that do. Granted, one tiny little jar could very well be in the fridge for upwards of a year, but that's the risk one must be willing to take for their yellow seedy goodness ^_^
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Omigosh, I hate this too Kisa. I once had a guy ask me for extra pickles when he was ordering, then when he gets to the window to pay he asks again. I assure him that I got it on his order and then ignore him because I am taking other orders at this point and then he continues to ask me three more times and explain his love/ need for pickles which is pissing me off more and more because I'm trying to hear other customers orders. Then he checks his order at the next window. Grrrr.... I'd much rather people bring items back rather than hold up the whole process by asking over and over and over again. I don't even mind if they check at the window and hold up cars there, but when we're trying to make your food and other people's as well it's annoying to hold it up there. I can understand the variety of reasons people do this and they are good reasons, but this does not make it any less annoying when it happens. Grrrrr.

Comment

Quoth Willis View Post
          At places like Subway sometimes you have to remind the person. I remember once I asked for double meat on a Italian B.M.T. which I always get. The guy was getting ready to move to the cheeses and I asked "Is that double meat?" He looks down and says "Oh sorry I forgot." So it depends on the restaurant.
          At Subway they make it as they go and ring it up at the end. At the OPs place they ring it up and they see the order, extras, etc. on the screen. Easy enough to reference as needed as it is in writing.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
            At Subway they make it as they go and ring it up at the end. At the OPs place they ring it up and they see the order, extras, etc. on the screen. Easy enough to reference as needed as it is in writing.
            I know where she works from her previous posts. I know they have computer screens in the back that they reference and what not but stuff still may get forgotten. I know how Subway works too. You don't have to explain, I know how both work. At Subway the meats are the very first thing they put on your bread. The guy forgot I said double meat and we were just getting started and he was already moving on to cheeses. He even nodded in approval and repeated what I said but he still forgot. It happens. My point is the guy in the OP post probably had things happen in the past and was maybe just trying to make sure since you do have to pay extra.

Comment

Working...
            X