Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Kind of Place Gives You Free Sodas?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Drinks for All

Airline travel, they don't charge you for the sodas, yet.

Comment

Quoth Stryker One View Post
      Actually, this depends on the airline. Some of the El Cheapo flying companies do charge for about anything. Including coffee, or sodas.
      I still miss my ex.
      But my aim is getting better.

Comment

Are the prices of drinks not listed on the menu? Oh yeah, SCs don't read. Oops.

Comment

Quoth Stryker One View Post
          Give them time...give them time. Some airline will do that sooner or later.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

There is a brunch buffet my family goes to sometimes where soda, coffee and tea are included, but juice and mixed drinks cost.

It's also an expensive buffet, in a four star restaurant.
            What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Quoth TheGeneralPublicSucks View Post
              I think a lot of times servers forget to ring up the sodas. That doesn't mean they are supposed to be free, you just got lucky. I know, where I work, since the servers have access to the sodas, they don't have to ring them up in order to get them to the customer, unlike with food or bar drinks.

Yes, the manager did cave. It's the most spineless restaurant in the city. But as a manager, you either cave every time or find a new job.

These were regular dining customers. And our restaurant is just like Chili's.
              I have to agree with this. We've had that happen a few times and I sometimes don't notice it until we're out of the restaurant and I find the receipt a few days later.

The places we visit we do go through a lot of soda and drinks. I've also noticed what seems to be a new trend - getting a final drink in a to go cup.
              Random conversation:
              Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
              DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

at my c-store even the employees have to pay for their drinks. bet your butt i'm chargin the customers!!!

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                  Give them time...give them time. Some airline will do that sooner or later.
                  It's started already. Sadly, I can provide a list, if requested.
                  "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                    It's started already. Sadly, I can provide a list, if requested.
                    I was almost wondering what took them so long. Go ahead, post or PM me the list.
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
                      The places we visit we do go through a lot of soda and drinks. I've also noticed what seems to be a new trend - getting a final drink in a to go cup.
                      I do this a lot (the to-go cup). It's almost always unsweetened iced tea, though, which is hella cheap for them to give me in large quantities
                      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I love the one Chinese restaurant down the street from my work, they include hot and iced tea with the dine in dishes. And they even willing to toss in a to go cup because it a special blend they make that is SO GOOD.... Anything else YOU PAY FOR!

FREE refills is the standard for soda..... but typical SC only sees FREE and doesn't realize you need to buy one. Now, if they were getting charged PER soda I could understand the confusion.

Very rarely do I get free drinks. Recently, I went to a restaurant and my waiter walked up and it was a fraternity brother I hadn't seen in over a year since I graduated. Christmas day in Cocoa Beach FL at a pizza place because an SC was flipping out on the waiter since they were out of a few things and service was "fucking slow" and my dad turned around and went "HEY buddy, cut the guy some slack you DO realize it is a holiday and NOTHING else is open for about 50 miles either direction, and not only would I appreciate the silence of you leaving but those people waiting to get in would love your table too" (One of the few times my dad was in a good mood and not in SC mode)

and my favorite bar, when I am drinking heavily or buying rounds for friends has a habit of missing a few beers or my food order. I go with don't ask don't tell, but I do leave a generous tip incase it wasn't an accident.
                        I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
                          I have never asked for one, but several restaurants I frequent have offered a to-go cup of soda at the end of the meal.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                          X