This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• READ what I say, you IDIOTS!

So as if this nimrod wasn't enough (and there turned out to be TWO of them over there, the second response was all "Oh, go over to this other bit of the forums and they'll tell you what you need to know" as if I hadn't JUST TOLD THEM EVERYTHING RIGHT THERE) I've been getting further idiots.

Yesterday there was this.

Customer: I need the tail to match the costume I already have.

Me: No problem, that looks like cubby fur, which I have in stock, so I can match it.

Customer: So about this other issue, blahblahblah...

Me: Yes, other issue works out fine.

Customer: Oh, and do you know what fabric is on the costume I already have? I want it to match.

Me: Yes, I know what fabric it is, I have some here. It will match.

Customer: Okay good. Now about the price, blahblahblah (He was, btw, the only customer I've had yet who was worried that the price I quoted him was too cheap.)

Me: Yes, the price is that way for this reason, don't worry.

Customer: I see. All right. Now the tail needs to match the costume I already have, can you match the fabrics?

Me: (thinking FOR THE LOVE OF GOD YES, LIKE I SAID TWICE ALREADY!) Yes, I have that same fabric here, I can match it.

Holy crap! It was like talking to a brick wall! An obsessive, worried brick wall that was convinced of my incompetence! Matching the previous costume goes without SAYING even, you most certainly don't need to ask me if I can THREE FRIGGING TIMES.

Then today I get this gem:

Customer: So I'd like you to come up with an original design for me, just something from your imagination.

Me: (thinking HALLELUJA I GET TO DESIGN SOMETHING! OMG YAY, I AM SO FRIGGING HAPPY!!! (yeah, that was too good to last.)) I'd love to design you something. It'd cost about $xxx and take about thus long. And of course I'll make a drawing of the design and show it to you before I make your project.

Customer: Well, the time isn't good, I'd like it sooner.

Me: I might be able to do it sooner, but I can't guarantee it will be done that soon.

Customer: Okay then. Just do it as soon as you can. Oh, and can you make a drawing and show me the design before you make it?

Me:
    The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

So is the tail going to match the existing costume? ::ducks and runs::

I don't seem to suffer that problem in most cases, with one exception. I've got a fanart in my DeviantArt gallery that has Japanese lyrics to a song taken from one of the show's episodes, and then an English translation provided by a fluent friend (as the episode in question hadn't been officially dubbed in English at the time I drew the picture). All was well and good, with my description of the picture explaining that the translation was done by a friend due to the lack of an official English translation. People commented on the picture, and occasionally thanked me for providing a translation of the song.

Then the episode was finally dubbed, about two years later. With the dubbing came official English lyrics that didn't quite match what I had, as mine was a direct translation. Suddenly every single person commenting on the picture just had to point out that my lyrics were "wrong" or didn't match the official dub, and I had to respond each time with the reason why, which they would've known had they actually bothered to read the picture description, or after a while, my responses to any of the comments immediately before them. ::sigh:: It does seem to have finally died down, at least.
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
    X