Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's...amazingly weird. If she was close enough to wherever she ended up that she could walk there from her car, rather than drive, then she was close enough to walk back to the car and feed the meter. Unbelievable.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      HER: "I hate to bother you, but I was hoping you could just stick some money in my meter, and I'll be over later to square it with you."
      Knowing Jester, this could be an entirely different request.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth thatcrazyredhead View Post
        I'm confused. I don't see why feeding a stranger's meter would be a problem. I also don't see why someone would feed a stranger's meter unless they happened to be passing, saw that it was running out, and fed it out of the goodness of their hearts.
        On the gold coast they have metermaids, rather attractive ladies in bikinis whose job it is is to go around filling up parking meters of cars, the local businesses pay for it.

*google surfurs paradise metermaids*
        If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
          I love Friendly's food and ice cream...
          Friendly's was my very first restaurant job. I started out as a cook, and saw the easy money the servers were making, so asked to be cross-trained, figuring it would be simple, easy work. I know, I know...the folly of youth!

Just a few weeks ago I found out that Friendly's had made headway into Florida, but only go as far south as Boca Raton, so I haven't quite gotten to check them out down here yet, but I look forward to the time when I do.

Quoth thatcrazyredhead View Post
          Also, as far as strange requests of bartenders go...

One night, my friend was expecting an important phone call, but her battery was almost dead. She asked our server if he could find a place to plug it in for her for half an hour or so.
          Not only do I think that is a strange request, it is one we get quite often, and one I have requested myself on at least one occasion (my last trip to Phoenix).

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
          ...a lot of places have outlawed feeding the meters of strangers.
          I've never heard of such a thing, to be perfectly honest. And while I was barely acquainted with her, it would hardly have been a stranger, since I would have been doing it at her request, not just randomly.

For one, it somewhat defeats the purpose of the meters to begin with (they generally want people to cycle, which is why there is a time limit on how much you can put in at one time - if you have to go back to your car to feed the meter anyway, you might decide it's time to leave)
          Just how does an empty meter make more money than a meter being fed more? Meters are meant for one thing...to generate revenue. And people leaving the meters, especially if they have some time left that the next person gets gift wrapped for them, hardly generates as much revenue as someone who feeds the meter.

...there is more to be gotten from violations than from the meters themselves.
          True, there is money to be made in violations. But I just can't see THAT being a legal defense of not allowing people other than those parked at the meters to feed the meters. It makes no sense whatsoever, not even with all the fucked up laws I've seen.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
            Knowing Jester, this could be an entirely different request.
            Could be....but in this case, wasn't.

Quoth Nyoibo View Post
            On the gold coast they have metermaids, rather attractive ladies in bikinis whose job it is is to go around filling up parking meters of cars, the local businesses pay for it.
            To quote a well-known beer advertising campaign: "Brilliant! Brilliant!"

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

I'm almost disappointed that it wasn't some strange sort of innuendo.
              "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
              "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
              Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Working...
              X