X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mytical

Sorry for off topic..but...

Inigo Montoya - "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." *sword fight*. "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." *more fighting* "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. "

Count Rugen - "STOP SAYING THAT!"

Absolutely love Princess Bride.
    Ditto. My sister, brother in law, and me are trying (as so far it seems we are) to get their kids into Princess Bride. My 6 year old niece likes it. But then they're being raised on all the classic geek things (Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, apparently D&D, etc.)
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

funny little tidbit....I've seen The Princess Bride several times (mostly when I was younger) & it wasn't until very recently (I'm talking like, THIS year) that I realized Mandy Patinkin played Montoya ...I knew Mandy from seeing him as the lead FBI profiler on "Criminal Minds" & the top cardio-thoracic surgeon on "Chicago Hope" (which I just finished watching Season 1 of on my PC & BTW, I was still in HS when it first premiered) but when my mom mentioned him being in "Princess Bride" I was like, "huh??"

And BTW, this guy can SING! Someone posted a clip on YouTube of him singing "Over The Rainbow" on David Letterman...Let me just say, I was by the time he was done, it was BEAUTIFUL
      "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
        For serious???

Our lovely District Manager who I love so dearly gave us a new rule. Now, we have to ask for the name of each customer and punch it in with the order. This way, the cooks can call a name instead of an order number.

CW: What's your name?
        SC: What?!!! WHY!!!
        CW: It's to put with your order so we can call you when it's ready.
        SC: Yeah right! I'm not giving you my name!
        CW: Mam, you can give me a fake name for all I care you just have to remember it.
        SC: I ain't givin you shit! Deal with it! I'm not as stupid as you thing!!
        CW: Ok then. I am putting you under "I ain't givin you shit!". Remember that name, please.

Irked
        I'd be tempted to tell you "My name is 'The district manager who made this decision is a moron' - be sure to use my full name when you call out my order".

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        No, no. If it's a bloke, it has to be Buffy or Hildegarde. Or Euphegenia.

Dorothy, Daphne, and Josephine are probably a little to normal and common to be gotten easily.

Chocolate chip & cherry cookies for the references.

^-.-^
        Do you and your Bosom Buddies stay at the Susan B. Anthony Hotel For Women?
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth ShinyGreenApple View Post
          Your true love lives! And you marry another. True Love saved her in the fire swamp, and she treated it like garbage. And that's what she is, the queen of refuse. So bow down to her if you want, bow to her.Bow to the queen of slime, the queen of filth, the queen of putrescence. Boo! Boo! Rubbish! Filth! Slime! Muck! Boo! Boo! Boo!

Hey, it's what I would have said.
          That was fantastic! we LOVE The Princess Bride in our house. God knows how many times the Cliff of Insanity scene has been played here. Last October for my son, Westley's, first Halloween the BF slapped on his nametag (Hello! my name is... Inigo Montoya..) and I slipped on my 6-finger glove and we hit the town. No one knew who we were!
          Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Quoth CorneliaMarieRocks View Post
            funny little tidbit....I've seen The Princess Bride several times (mostly when I was younger) & it wasn't until very recently (I'm talking like, THIS year) that I realized Mandy Patinkin played Montoya ...I knew Mandy from seeing him as the lead FBI profiler on "Criminal Minds" & the top cardio-thoracic surgeon on "Chicago Hope" (which I just finished watching Season 1 of on my PC & BTW, I was still in HS when it first premiered) but when my mom mentioned him being in "Princess Bride" I was like, "huh??"

And BTW, this guy can SING! Someone posted a clip on YouTube of him singing "Over The Rainbow" on David Letterman...Let me just say, I was by the time he was done, it was BEAUTIFUL
            My first exposure to Mandy Patinkin was actually via one of his music albums that my parents own. Then I watched Princess Bride and saw that he was a pretty good actor as well. I've got the original Broadway soundtrack from The Secret Garden, where he played Archibald Craven (the uncle).
            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Patinkin was great in Dead Like Me, too. It's a shame that show didn't last long enough to follow any of the plot threads they'd opened up.

It always amused me that three of the main leads for The Princess Bride were Cary, Mandy, and Robin - which one is the girl?

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I simply loath when people ask my name. Its none of your bloody business. I don't like giving it as part of my job at work either. Especially since they seem to think it makes us friends.

You know what? It doesn't. Call me Ma'am, and Miss.

I'm only 35 but I loath being talked to like I'm your best friend just like an older person would. I am not your friend. I don't know you. If I want you to call me by my first name, I'll tell you to call me by my first name. And no, there is no way in hell you're going to ever hear my middle name unless you're the government or family. PERIOD.

Comment

As irritating as it is, the front line at a retail establishment is not the place to make a stand.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                  X