Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think people are getting a little confused on the airsoft gun thing.

Airsoft guns fire little plastic pellets, which, while they won't kill you, WILL hurt like hell. Then there's BB and pellet guns, which DO fire lead, and CAN kill you.

Comment

As an airsoft player all I have to say is what idoits would bring loaded airsoft guns to a mall. Many of them cannot really be told from the real thing by those who don't know what the orange tip means.

Here in Canada they have to be transparent to be legal but not much. Behold my airsoft gun: http://www.007airsoft.com/products/p...ages/10310.jpg
      Last edited by Dips; 08-10-2011, 10:47 AM. Reason: removed tags from oversized image
      If it makes sense, it's not allowed™. -- BeckySunshine

I've heard of breaking wind but not breaking and entering wind. --- Sheldonrs

My gaming blog:Ghosts from the Black

Comment

Quoth IvorTangrean View Post
        As an airsoft player all I have to say is what idoits would bring loaded airsoft guns to a mall. Many of them cannot really be told from the real thing by those who don't know what the orange tip means.
        Which means that many of them cannot really be told from the real thing PERIOD. Anyone can get orange paint and apply it to a real gun.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Hawaiian Eskimo View Post
          I think people are getting a little confused on the airsoft gun thing.

Airsoft guns fire little plastic pellets, which, while they won't kill you, WILL hurt like hell. Then there's BB and pellet guns, which DO fire lead, and CAN kill you.
          In many places they're not even allowed outside of acase due to the realistic look of a gun.
          You could get shot just for having one in front of a bank, and rightfully so

Comment

As an avid airsofter (CO for a local team and way too much money spent on the sport), I weep everytime I hear stories like this. Many parents look at the packaging and read "air SOFT" and think well since it has 'soft' in the title in must be safe. Little do they realize that you can hurt some one a good bit, esp. if they get a CO2 powered gun. I've seen guys lose teeth, welts, penetrate the skin, and even knock a person out before.

Many places can consider that assault if not on private proverty where the owner authorizes the use of them. Also if used in the commission of a crime, it's treated as though you used a real steel gun whether or not you intended bodily harm with the gun.

There's a reason those are supposed to only be bought by people over 18. Adult supervision fail.
            Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Comment

My boyfriend has told me stories of the welts and bruises he and his friends has gotten from airsoft guns. *shudders* I'll stay a wimp thanks.
              Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
              Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth Redbeard View Post
                In many places they're not even allowed outside of acase due to the realistic look of a gun.
                A fair statement of fact.

You could get shot just for having one in front of a bank, and rightfully so
                That's where it went over the line into Fratching. We've got plenty of threads there where you can discuss the pros and cons of the law and what should happen in your opinion.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Syriilord View Post
                  Preferably while holding a super soaker
                  Too bad those aren't allowed at work . . .
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                  X