Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had a motor burn out on a refrigerated case a few years ago. The cases were all inter connected and about 50 feet long. We could smell smoke and went to investigate. Upon arriving we could see a few wisps of smoke coming out of the vents through the case and pulled the fire alarm.

Even customers in the area of the smoking case wanted to know if they had to leave as they had just one more thing and the register was not near said case. YES YOU DO!

I really don't like putting my life in more danger staying in the building longer to get you to leave with the loud fire alarm and strobe lights on the red things that say "FIRE."

Bonus points to the customers who walked around the fire trucks and tired to walk under the "FIRE LINE - DO NOT CROSS" strung up in front of the entrances. Watching angry FF's and Police yell at them was worth it.

Comment

I used to work at a school. One day, after I'd worked there for a year and a half, I asked one of the staff (a teacher) if they ever did a fire drill.

"Oh, we haven't needed to. We had three bomb threat evacuations last year."

.... so those of us in the ADMIN BUILDING, where the HEADMASTER WORKS and the CASH OFFICE is ....

.... don't even get NOTIFIED, much less evacuated, in a bomb threat?

I'm kind of glad I don't work there anymore.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

As Mrs. Peacock said, "Oh my god."
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
          History is not a study of how long it takes a people to learn, but how quickly they forget.
          Why would one need to study that? We all know the answer:

- History majors/degree holders: Infinite retention time. I'm talking worse than those kids who know EVERY stat of their favorite baseball players
          - Everyone else: Five minutes after the final exam is over.

Quoth Clover View Post
          Really? Is someone so stupid that they can't figure out an egg contains egg?
          Warning labels of this kind would not exist unless someone was not only this stupid, but sued over it (successfully, in all likelihood)

Quoth Grape The Cat View Post
          I saw a jar a mixed nuts that said Warning: contains nuts, also a can of peanuts which warned the consumer that the can contained peanuts.
          See egg comment ^_^ Also, the Peanuts one can be iffy, as they're not actually nuts (they're legumes/beans, technically). But yeah, I suppose that falls under labeling (laws? regs?) that require that any product which might contain peanuts, be labeled as May/Does Contain Peanuts, even when it's absurdly obvious.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
            The last curling iron I bought had this one: Do not insert in any bodily orifice while unit is turned on.

All MY orifices sealed over permanently when I read that.
            XD That reminds me of that scene from Sleepaway camp...although to be fair, the girl didn't really have much of a choice about where her curling iron was going...

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
              As a History major I have to disagree with the above :P If it's a historical subject that interests me I will remember it, but if it's something I find boring I find that even remembering it for the final exam is tough.
              Heehee. I based this mainly on My Dad. He was a history major who enjoyed watching the History Channel just to see what they got *wrong*.

He usually caught at least one minor error each day -- almost invariably regarding events during WWI or WWII. His most frequent "catch" was regarding specific weapons carried during specific battles, whether it was something as blatant (badly-researched) as saying that Troop X carried Weapon Y into battle Z *two years before that model of gun was invented*, or as nitpicky as "No, the troops in Eastern areas of <country> used GUN X MODEL A-1 while the ones in the West used GUN X MODEL A-2."

After awhile, I stopped Googe-ing his claims behind his back simply because I could never prove him wrong x.x It was kinda creepy at times. He had been a Marine (reservist??) at some point, and could recognize waaaay too many types of guns on sight, down to the ammo types/mags and options they supported. He got particularly miffed when he saw sights or silencers on guns that could not accept them without substantial, unusual modifications ^^; tho that shows up more often in movies than in documentaries.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
              X