This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yakkity yak dont talk back!

The Yap yap woman is someone who brings a friend and yaps with them, ignoring you. Not to be confused with the cell phone addicts. This is an actual person.

Me: Sighhhhhhhh!!!!
    YYW: Yap yap woman, SC
    Sobby friend: YYW's friend

YYW: Hello! Checking out please!
    Me: Kay. Hmm looks like you're room's already been paid for so you're all set! Have a nice day!
    YYW (to Sobby friend) OMG, I don't know when I'm gonna see you again!
    Sobby friend: I know! OMG! I promise we have to do this again!
    (they hug lovingly)
    Me: (a little louder) I SAID, YOUR ROOMS ALREADY BEEN PAID FOR SO HAVE A NICE DAY!! BYE!!!
    YYW: (eyes me w/a deer in the headlights look) O_o
    Sobby friend: (to YYW): I swear, we have to keep in touch! I know I will!
    YYW: Okay! Sniff! Sob!

(they hug again)

Me: (gives up and noms on my breakfast) ^_^

(Fifteen minutes later, with my still nomming on my food..)

YYW: So did you hear about...
    Sobby friend: Noooooooo, what did he say?!?!

(Keep in mind these are sixty year old women, yapping like teenagers in front of me. Twenty minutes later...)

Me: (munch munch slurp)

YYW: (in mid-yap, to me)...is there a problem?
    Me: Scuse me?
    YYW: You're just eating your breakfast in front of us!
    Me: Yeah. Like I sad, you're free to leave!
    YYW: ....(shocked face) O_O
    Sobby friend: (to YYW) Yeah...said that a few minutes ago. So c'mon.
    YYW: Wait!! Don't I get a receipt????
    Me: No, the room's already been paid for....ah, whatever. (prints out a receipt, even though it's blank)

I wanted to get her out of my face, so I gave her one, even though I'm not supposed to (only the person who's paying for it gets the receipt, not the person's who's staying there, unless they've trashed up the room or ordered a movie, which she didn't).

YYW: (to sobby friend, as they leave) My god! And we were in a hurry, and all! Our hubbys are waiting for us downstairs! Hurry!

And, this reminds of a story long ago, sorry if I posted it already

(Romeo and Juliet walk up.)

Me: Hello can I help you.

Juliet: OMG, Brian, you are such *#$%&*$&%!!!

Me: O_o

Romeo: What? I only danced with her twice! it meant nothing!

Juliet: you're such a @$*%(%&@ pig!!

Romeo: Am not!!! >:O

(a line form behind them, they ignore it & begin to squabble)

Me: Um, can I help you. If not could you please move, there are others behind you waiting to be--

Romeo & Juliet: ( cue super mondously gigundo mega glare if looks could kill, i'd be writing from the afterlife, kind of like this but with 10x the firepower)

Me: O_O (shuts up)

So I had to wait until they've finished their lover's spat. the two starcrossed lovers. I listened as Juliet couldn't make up her mind about staying here with him cuz he was flirting with another girl at some dance. Keep in mind they were in their twenties. Meanwhile the line grew and when they finally left (no they didn't check in after all, Juliet decided to stay with her mom) I had to endure the evil eyes of the patrons waiting for up to 20 min. Heck I'd be pissed too.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
    (a line form behind them, they ignore it & begin to squabble)

Me: Um, can I help you. If not could you please move, there are others behind you waiting to be--

Romeo & Juliet: ( cue super mondously gigundo mega glare if looks could kill, i'd be writing from the afterlife, kind of like this but with 10x the firepower)

Me: O_O (shuts up)
    I'm surprised you didn't just work around them!

I did that once when I was a manager at McDonald's manning a register during lunch rush. A guy was sent to me for a refund on a 1/4 pounder saying the sandwich was disgusting. Problem is he had eaten all but a tiny bite so I told him if he had come to me before he ate almost all of the sandwich I would have been happy to refund him or remake it but as it stands the answer is NO. He said he wasn't leaving until I gave him back his money. I just took the order of the person behind him. It was a little awkward working around him but after about ten minutes he gave up and left.
    You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

I would have just said "don't you dare glare at me like that. This is a place of business. If you're not here to get a room at this exact moment, then get out of the way of the people behind you that are."

Granted, I might get into trouble for that, but still.....
      Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

I had a pair like that at the supermarket. Man comes up and is paying for nappies. He starts ok but then this friend appears and stands right behind him and starts a conversation in such a way that to not be rude he has to turn around and have his back to me to talk to her. In the meantime I'm actually running out of room for the nappies on the packing area so I start lifting them over into the trolley (from behind the till - I really should have walked round the till to do it but you live and learn).

Just as I am finishing scanning and packing everything back into the trolley for him she goes away and he turns round, looks apologetic but doesn't say anything and pays.

Then the Woman comes back and comes to my till too.. talks to him whilst laying stuff out on the belt and taking forever to do so (and still won't let him leave) and completely ignores me whilst I scan her stuff and pack everything. I had to tell her her total and ask for payment three times before she listened and then she paid with debit card so I had to ask another three times if she wanted cashback. She did and we went through the same routine to get her to actually put in her pin, take her receipt and cashback.

I actually felt worse for the guy because he obviously didn't want to be talking to her but just couldn't get away.
        I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

You guys need something like a referee's whistle to get the SC's attention. I know, management won't allow it.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Or...an attack raptor to "remind" them that YOU need their attention right now.
            Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
            http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

That's when you should either wave your hand in front of their face, or physically stand between him and the lady to say, "YOUR TOTAL IS..."

Comment

Working...
              X